Plus-Sized

I said YES to the DRESS!!!!

Happy Monday ladies!

As I posted last week, I went to Kleinfeld's in NYC over the weekend to look for my dress. I was reallllllllllly nervous since it was my first time looking and I was a bit overwhelmed.

I went with my mom, sister, and my best friend. We stayed overnight and made a weekend of it.

When we got there, it was SO big and SO fancy that I immediately started shaking and thought that I was in over my head!! However, as soon as my consultant Alison came to greet me, I was immediately relaxed and excited.

She went over my budget and specifications (not too blingy, nothing too heavy for a wedding in June, and nothing "trendy") and I showed her my inspiration pictures. She went to the back room and quickly came back with three dresses, including one that I had printed out, Maggie Sottero's SaBelle. I loved the SaBelle (and especially loved how I looked in a corseted lace up back!!!) and was instantly reassured that I would find a dress that made me look beautiful. The SaBelle was deemed too heavy and too poufy, and a few more dresses that were pretty but not THE ONE followed.

I didn't know how I would know when I found IT, but as soon as my consultant put me in Michelle Roth's "Harriet" dress, I looked at myself and started bawling (and I'm not really a crier). I could instantly see myself walking down the aisle. When she brought me out to show everyone, my mom, sister, and best friend started crying, too.

Just to be sure, I tried on two more dresses for comparison. However, I was already referring to the Harriet as MY dress lol. Both of the dresses were pretty but just not it. I slipped Harriet back on, got laced up, and then my consultant put a veil on me and gave me a bouquet. Tears once again. I just knew it was the one.

She brought me out onto the main floor and put me up on a pedestal. She looked at me and asked me, "Are you saying yes to this dress?" and I started crying (AGAIN!!! lol) and said "Yessss!!!" Everyone on the floor started clapping.

It was completely surreal. I met a lot of the consultants from Say Yes To The Dress ansd the whole experience was perfect. There is no picture of me in the dress but here is a picture of it. 

The funny thing is that it's not one that I would've picked from a magazine!! But when I put it on, holy moly, it's the most beautiful thing in the world!!! I am beyond thrilled!!!
image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**

Re: I said YES to the DRESS!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards