Florida-Central Florida
Options

um, ok I'm just gonna whine for a sec...sorry

THIS GUEST LIST IS A NIGHTMARE!! FI and I requested guest list friends from both our parents back in MAY! We've already sent save the dates and I have ordered the favors and invites. We made our list and estimated how much we could invite partially based on the number of ppl we knew weren't going to show up (such as dad's coworkers from up north). EACH ONE of our parents (except for wonderful FFIL) has asked to add people after we have already sent out STDs. My mother keeps saying "it's just one more person, it's just one more person" but it freaking adds up. FMIL has decided that she wants to invite her BFFs who she has been "so close with for years", except they weren't invited 10 months ago or whatever. If they were so close, why am I just hearing about them? My dad had a coworker and his wife say they couldn't come, so now my dad wants to swap them out for some other people I have never heard of. I still have to send people who say they can't come an invite and they've  already been ordered and are on their way.

FI isn't inviting any coworkers and I'm not inviting all of mine, but yet my dad is making me invite every single person he has ever met, including ALL of his coworkers. It's not even about the $ anymore- the venue can only hold so much space and no one is listening!  I keep trying to put my foot down but at some point, I'm sick of being the bad guy and becoming a "bridezilla" but my mean side is ready to tell them that they can address, stamp, and stuff the invites, tie the favors themselves for these extra people and THEY can handle the mess that will be my wedding when we are over capacity because at that point I'LL BE MARRIED and I won't care!!!!!

ok, vent done. Thanks.

Re: um, ok I'm just gonna whine for a sec...sorry

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG  girl I'd be sooo frustrated. I think once the STD's go out, that has to be it. No more guest list changes, add-ons, substitutions, SORRY! I don't know how you'd handle that tactfully other than to tell them what you've already been telling them and if they ignore you, I guess you just ignore them right back and keep your guest list the same. The venue probably has a fire code, and they may charge you a fine (or worse, shut down your event) if you exceed the number of guests they allow. I read in the fine print for our venue that they could do that. I don't know if putting to the families that way would get through? Surely they wouldn't want someone to come and pull the plug on your wedding. GL, twin!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uhh that it awful! I hate that. I think all you can do it ban together with FI and bridezilla it up. I would be so angry if no one listened to me. Sorry you have to deal with that.  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is ridic! Look at my cake stand post, or under pics in my bio. It will make you smile! haha I am a phi mu dork...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AHHH!! I love it!!! so awesome! I found cute photo invites (which I love!!) in my colors with a quatrefoil on the front to put the names of the bride and groom!! Made my lil phi mu heart smile to order them!! Mary, Mary, and Martha would be so proud of us!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very cute! Yes they would be just so happy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards