Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Tipping the Officiants?

I THINK this is the right place to post this...

We were connected to our officiants (a retired priest & a rabbi) via an interfaith wedding network, so since we didn't hire them directly it's appropriate to tip them. However I'm not sure how much...since we're already giving them $400 each (and already gave $400 as a deposit to the head of the network). Any suggestions? I'm thinking an extra $100 each but I don't want to look stingy...at the same time every other payment is due this week haha.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Tipping the Officiants?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_tipping-the-officiants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:6540496f-0718-4029-a8ca-40ec05ccfbc8Post:618ab165-c8a9-455b-b74c-7cecce11ddba">Tipping the Officiants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I THINK this is the right place to post this... We were connected to our officiants (a retired priest & a rabbi) via an interfaith wedding network, so since we didn't hire them directly it's appropriate to tip them. However I'm not sure how much...since we're already giving them $400 each (and already gave $400 as a deposit to the head of the network). Any suggestions? I'm thinking an extra $100 each but I don't want to look stingy...at the same time every other payment is due this week haha. Thanks!
    Posted by blueboxblues[/QUOTE]

$100 each is, by no means, stingy.
  • Options
    $100... wow!  My officiant cost $250 and we didn't tip him at all.  So I think the $100 is very generous of you.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    No need to tip if you've already payed them each $400 

I'm an officiant and only ask $250
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    $400 seems outrageous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards