Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Bachelorette party ideas in downtown Baltimore

I'm getting married in just under six weeks, and out of necessity having my bachelorette party the night before the wedding, after the rehearsal dinner. This is actually quite OK -- I'm in my 30s, as are most of my friends, and I really don't want to have a drunken bash. (Plus the wedding isn't until 7 p.m. the next day.)

My sister, who lives in the area, is my MOH. She's trying to plan the bachelorette party as she's juggling the end of an intensive certification program, so she doesn't have a ton of time to spare. The ideas she's given me are not what I want to do (cocktails at Sullivan's, which I feel is _too_ sedate, and hanging out at a gay bar, which about half of my friends would _not_ be cool with). I don't think she knows Baltimore nightlife too well, just the places she hears about or goes with the guy she's dating, which are a bit different than girls' night out type places.

I was hoping to give my sister some ideas of places that might fit the bill, but I also don't really know downtown Baltimore nightlife at all. (I live right outside DC, but our wedding venue is right outside Baltimore.) I'm just looking for a place that is hip and fun for people in their 30s where we can dance and can get drinks, but can also have a private area roped off. Somewhere that there is more to do than eat (it's right after the rehearsal dinner) and listen to a band, but not the kind of party where the bride gets trashed or has strippers.

And no, I'm not trying to take the planning from my sister. I just think a few ideas of locations might be helpful since she's busy with things that are in the long run more important than bachelorette party planning.

Thanks!

Re: Bachelorette party ideas in downtown Baltimore

• Options
    ctigna26ctigna26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um you can try powerplant in downtown baltimore. It has a bunch of different bars and clubs. It has the piano bar Howl at the Moon which has the duling pianos and isn't as crazy as other places. It is alot of fun and has places to sit, not necessairly a roped off area. I would call in advance..I think you can make reservations. Powerplant also has a new place that has mechanical bull riding. I haven't been there but have heard a ton of commericals on the radio for it. So I would suggest checking that area out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Howl at the Moon is a lot of fun. You should definitely consider going there.

If you're looking to venture away from the Downtown area, you could head to Fed Hill, which has a ton of fun bars really close together that you could hop to (Mother's, Ropewalk, Mad River, Pub Dog) or to Canton (Looney's, JD's, Claddagh's).

Have fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to recommend Howl at the Moon. I haven't been there, but I went to Bobby McKey's in the National Harbor a few weekends ago for a bachelorette party for a friend in her 30s and we had a blast. I've also only ever heard good things about Howl at the Moon.
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Howl is definitely the way to go! That's my plan. 

The guys from Howl are going to play at our reception. I'm SO excited :)

If  you've never been it's totally worth going to. We are not "bar people" whatever that even means. We don't like drinking and we don't go out to bars, but howl is a good time, sober or otherwise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going out to PowerPlant as well (this weekend) for mine. Dinner at MEX and then hoping around to Howl and PBR.
  • Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a no-groping atmosphere, Howl is a good place to go. I haven't been to Power Plant in about 2 years, but I remember that Angel's Rockbar had a roped off VIP area that was nice for lounging and dancing with bottle service. I would not recommend riding the mechanical bull at PBR unless you want a creepy guy or 5 video taping you on his IPhone and then posting it on YouTube. Power Plant has a sister development in Kansas City caller Power & light, and when I was at their bullriding bar in January ALL of the girls got videotaped. It creeped me the eff out.

I prefer Canton for bar hopping, and one of the bars on the square has a DJ and dancing upstairs. it's nice to be able to dance and have fun without having to deal with club scene drama. And Claddagh Pub often has decent live music on the weekends.
  • Options
    Hunters2012Hunters2012 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eden's lounge is a nice upscale place, not too formal or drunken. Think about doing the pirate cruise in the inner harbor if it's nice. Kona grill is the best place for drinks! Get skinny cool cucumber mojitos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards