June 2012 Weddings

NWR Tebow curious

Since most people either love him or hate him--Tim Tebow--love him or hate?

I personally hate him. No real good reason, he's a good person but watching him play football makes me wanna scream.
June 16, 2012

Re: NWR Tebow curious

• I voted dont care. I dont understand what all the hype is about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:70004336-1332-4c14-aaa5-999f7e17917a">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted dont care. I dont understand what all the hype is about.
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

Ditto! When FB exploded about the football game and him I made my status something like "Apparently Tebowed is a word and I should care that *insert football team they beat here* has just been Tebowed".
  • I love him, but I'll be honest I rarely see him play since I'm a Giants fan and they don't play eachother.

I feel like he has good morals, and that is someone that would be a good role model for kids. I think that we mostly hear negative things about athletes; cheating scandals, dog fighting, shooting yourself in the leg in a club and getting 2 years in jail.... the list goes on. Hearing about an athlete that is humble and faithful is refreshing.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't really care. I'm really glad they beat the Steelers though!! I can't stand them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's great that he's such a good Christian and using his position to spread his faith. Other than that I don't really care. I don't want much professional football.
  • I can go either way.
    He's a great athlete and role model, but needs a lot of work as a QB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • I don't know who that is...
  • I don't care.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:5f839de0-12cb-49fb-8f44-b2e87085c55a">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love him, but I'll be honest I rarely see him play since I'm a Giants fan and they don't play eachother. I feel like he has good morals, and that is someone that would be a good role model for kids. I think that we mostly hear negative things about athletes; cheating scandals, dog fighting, shooting yourself in the leg in a club and getting 2 years in jail.... the list goes on. Hearing about an athlete that is humble and faithful is refreshing.
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]
    agree! I love that he is a great role model. Our kids need more good athletes like him to look up to.
  • I don't understand the hype... maybe that is what makes me hate him. I don't care about his faith. He can do or believe whatever he wants.. I still don't get the hype is not that great of a QB his stats suck!!! put him as a running back and he would be soooo much better! We went to the Chicago/Broncos game and really he was not that fun to watch..Aaron Rodgers he is fun to watch.

My WHOLE family is Bronco's fans and most of the people at work (most were relocated to NM from CO) so I hear about him ALL the time.. and it's annoying.
    I am a 49ers fan!! Go Niners!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:93f66e0e-bb23-4a0a-841c-c293f05f474c">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand the hype... maybe that is what makes me hate him. I don't care about his faith. He can do or believe whatever he wants.. I still don't get the hype is not that great of a QB his stats suck!!! put him as a running back and he would be soooo much better! We went to the Chicago/Broncos game and really he was not that fun to watch..<strong>Aaron Rodgers he is fun to watch</strong>. My WHOLE family is Bronco's fans and most of the people at work (most were relocated to NM from CO) so I hear about him ALL the time.. and it's annoying. I am a 49ers fan!! Go Niners!
    Posted by kristin183[/QUOTE]

YEAH!! GO PACKERS!!! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:93f66e0e-bb23-4a0a-841c-c293f05f474c">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand the hype... maybe that is what makes me hate him. I don't care about his faith. He can do or believe whatever he wants.. I still don't get the hype <strong>is not that great of a QB his stats suck!!! put him as a running back and he would be soooo much better!</strong> We went to the Chicago/Broncos game and really he was not that fun to watch..Aaron Rodgers he is fun to watch. My WHOLE family is Bronco's fans and most of the people at work (most were relocated to NM from CO) so I hear about him ALL the time.. and it's annoying. I am a 49ers fan!! Go Niners!
    Posted by kristin183[/QUOTE]

Totally LOL'd about the bold part!  I have no problem with his religion, however, I think it should be left out of the work place.  His religion has nothing to do with whether or not he's a good QB.  And he's not.  I'm a Broncos fan and have been since I was about 10.  I love my team, but he is not a good QB and is not going to take the team far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love him! He's from my hometown. I've talked to him and he's a really good guy! I grew up hating the University of Florida because I was a UGA fan, and I still love Tebow. He was an awesome college QB (not as good as Cam Newton though). =) FI and I are not religious at all, and we really like how dedicated he is to his faith, and how much he volunteers in the community. I don't know if he still does, but he used to go on Mission trips all the time. He is such a selfless person. You can tell that he is still as humble and down to earth even being a pro QB, a celeb, and making millions, as he was when he was just a high school QB in Jacksonville, FL. Sure there are other NFL players that are good guys and do charity work, but Tim has never hyped himself up. That is what other "regular" people do to him. Totally different topic, but that woman Kate Gosslin (or whatever) is now "a celebrity" because she had sextuplets. The only way she has blown up is because viewers make her that way. Yes it is a huge feat to have 8 children, especially 6 of them all at once, but other women in the world have gone through that and they don't have their own tv shows, and don't make millions of dollars....same thing to me.
  • Ehhh...he gets on my nerves. Mostly because he went to Florida, which is a major rival of LSU, so that makes me automatically dislike him, haha. Also, and I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel he is excessively showy with his faith. I don't begrudge anyone the right to display their Christianity and it certainly doesn't bother me because it conflicts with my views as I'm a Christian. I think it's great he wants to be a testament to a faith-based life. However, he is so extravagant about it that I feel he does it to get attention. We all get it, there's no need to talk about it so much--I mean, every interview, every moment of TV time has some mention of his faith. Like I said, I don't begrudge anyone and it's great that he's a positive role model to kids, but he's a little over the top about it. Sometimes actions speak louder than words. For example, one of my friends at work is a great example of a Christian. However she's a testament to her faith and to God through her everyday actions--she doesn't feel the need to talk about how great of a Christian she is all the time. I don't know. Like I said, I know that will probably be an unpopular opinion, but it's what I think.
    Photobucket
  • I had to ask my male coworkers what a Tebow is. Seeing as I haven't seen a football in more than a decade, I really couldn't care less. 
  • I hate him. His religious agenda drives me nuts and his pro life crap. If his mom got an abortion it would've been illegal so it's basically the fact that she didn't commit a crime in the Phillipines. 
  • in my experience, the more people show their faith, the less they actually practice it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:411fbc0a-aaad-424b-acb8-66e1a88aac1e">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR Tebow curious : They had a good little rivalry going on for a few years while Tebow was there. The particular one that sticks out is the 2007 season when LSU ended up going to the national championship (the one before the one that shall not be spoken of ever again ;). They played in Tiger Stadium and were both top 10 teams. That was the game Les Miles went for it four times on fourth down in one drive and LSU won. I think that was the one that Tebow cried after because it was his last year and that basically ruined their chances of going to the NC game. Actually one of my most vivid memories from that game involves Tebow. That week somehow LSU fans got his cell phone number and called and texted him all week. He scored a rushing touchdown into the student section end zone and made a "Call me" gesture toward the student section. That didn't work out for him so well, haha. <strong>Thanks for allowing me to revel in a good LSU football memory...the rest of the week has been less than stellar on that front! </strong>Also, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my earlier post--that wasn't my intention at all. He really does seem like a great guy, he's just a little much for me sometimes.
    Posted by courtneyclare103[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Haha, I'm glad I could help! And I know exactly what you mean!

</div>

Adrienne & Jonathan

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:d4a3cea4-8ae1-469c-a969-f599a9af4755">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't care.  I'm a Patriots and Redskins fan.
    Posted by CvilleClaire[/QUOTE]

I hope Tebow gets Bradied:)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:23280e12-8577-4751-9572-bc70218a50bb">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thinking about it more, it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth. There are many fantastic men in football doing a huge amount of charity work who don't seek the spotlight at all.  That's far more impressive to me that someone who makes a big show of being pious.
    Posted by CvilleClaire[/QUOTE]

Also THIS. I have been thinking about this the whole time. There are MANY players involved in charity work and even who pray on the sidelines, I have seen this a few times when cameras pan over and catch them. No one EVER talks about those guys... all you hear is Tebow, Tebow, Tebow... give me a break!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I voted I don't care, but I don't think he's cute.  haha.
    I have nothing against him.  all the hype is really annoying.
    Anniversary
  • He's an absolute joke. He can't throw for shiit and every win is sheer luck and not based off any talent. As for the religion thing, it peeves me. No need to rub it in anyone's face. So you do charity. Cool. You are not the first nor will you be the last. He reminds me of a lazy Ryan Hall. Huge eye roll from me, honestly. Go Pats!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-tebow-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9ff329fe-7d13-46be-b9a8-0f05c4c7b4efPost:15894af0-461a-424f-ba3d-337ff7a593ff">Re: NWR Tebow curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR Tebow curious : I hope Tebow gets Bradied:)
    Posted by myfeverplays[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  Although, when did using names as verbs become acceptable grammar?  I have never "Shannoned" anyone, that I know of...</div><div>
    </div><div>Good for him for having great morals, but there are millions of people out there who have a strong faith and do charity work and I don't have to read about them all over my facebook.  As a quarterback, the boy can run, but he can't really throw the ball which to me as a football fan makes me wonder why is he even their QB?</div><div>
    </div><div>Go Patriots!</div>
    imageimage
  • I'm kind of late to this because I haven't been on in a day or so, but I'm a huge fan - for entirely different reasons than anyone else.

Aside from his faith, Tim Tebow has used his notoriety to bring homeschooler's rights to the spotlight.  He and I were both fortunate to grow up in states that allowed homeschoolers to compete in sports on "official" (i.e. public school) teams, but a lot of states still don't allow this.  His extreme success as a former homeschooler has not only helped to dispell myths for some people, but also started a few states to really think about passing laws to allow homeschooling students to play sports with their peers, giving them the same opportunities for college scholarships to pursue the sports they love professionally as students in traditional school settings.  Some of these laws are pending in their respective houses :)

What bothers me about him is the hype surrounding his faith.  Who would even care if he was kneeling to pray before/after each game if the MEDIA didn't make SUCH a huge deal out of it?  I admire him for sticking with his convictions even with all of the craziness and criticisms, but seriously - enough is enough already.  That is the part I am sick of.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards