Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Plus-size MOB dress

Hello Ladies,

Y'all have been tremendous help with my past questions, so I figured I'd hit you up again. 

It is about 50 days from my wedding, and my mother does not have a dress yet.  She's a shorter, plus-size lady and is very self-conscious.  Are there any stores in the DFW area that cater to plus-size ladies formal wear and carry a wide selection?  I don't live in Texas, but I am coming to visit in August and would like to be able to take my mom shopping somewhere where she would feel comfortable.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Plus-size MOB dress

• Options
    Department store plus size sections can have great selections.
    MIL got her dress from the Dilliards outlet actually.
  • Options

My mom is a plus sized woman and had to purchase 3 MOB gowns (1 for my sister's wedding, 1 for my wedding, and she bought a 3rd when we weren't sure those would be back in time for us to leave for NYC for Sister's wedding)  She got 2 from Demetrios Bridal in Frisco and 1 from David's Bridal.  She bought a plain black bridesmaid dress from David's of the rack and had Becky Fowler (the seamstress we all swear by) make it into something special as her back up dress.  Below is the plus size gown from Demetrios that she wore to my wedding.

• Options
    My mom ordered hers from Dillards as well.  The Dillards at North Park has a wider selection of dresses to try on, but my mom ordered hers online and LOVES it.
    Macy's also has a large selection online.
    -Cassidy Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom loves Dillard's. Also, I think Terry Costa in Dallas has a good selection. You might call and find out, but I do believe they have off the rack plus size mother of the bride dresses/suits.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input.  I'll forward the information to my mom :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards