Florida-West Coast
Options

Are you getting your FMIL and FFIL a gift before the wedding?

Re: Are you getting your FMIL and FFIL a gift before the wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are giving gifts to all of our parents at the rehearsal dinner. They are getting digital photo frames with our engagement photos (and a promise to upload the wedding photos for them as soon as they are in), and some personalized embroidered handkerchiefs I'm getting from an etsy seller.
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't plan to but one of my bridesmaids had her mother embroider hankerchiefs with our monogram and date for WP and family and gave them at rehearsal dinner.  It was a surprise and It made me cry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    getting my FMIL a day at safety harbor spa and my parents a weekend away in Orlando. Waiting till we get back from Honeymoon to give it to them as we have zero dollars and 5 days to go till wedding!
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 days!!!!  You must be getting so excited!
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting the parents oil paintings of our engagement photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sara76- If i didn't have bronchitis I would be jumping with excitement! So instead i'm laying in bed unable to talk with it hahah thank goodness my OCD made me get alot done early.
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OHNO!  Did you get medication?  You did right?  You are just getting the sick now so you will feel great in 5 days.  I think MIL has bronchitis, she is coughing up strange things :(  Sending healthy vibes both of your ways! 
    BTW, I said what gift my bridesmaid did for parents before the wedding, our gift to them is an album when we get our professional proofs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not get the future in-laws anything. Not to sound to harsh, but they arent contibuting a SINGLE DIME to this wedding, and they have pretty much blantently said so! I am not putting their names on the invites and I am not getting them a gift. My mom has tried to have several conversations with his mom and she has made it very clear that she is broke and cant contribute- yet she bought her daughters BM dress for the wedding, and paid for her to spend this past summer in Europe. Needless to say this has been a rather sore subject-but FI understands and doesnt really care- so I am not worrying about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on making an album of the wedding pictures for my parents and his mother. Not sure if I'll do anything before, but the hankerchief idea is cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not getting my FIL's anything either.  If FI choses to do so, that's fine.  I've had some problems with his parents throughout the planning process, and for lack of a nice way to say it, I just don't want to get them anything.
     I think I'm going to upgrade my parents to first class for their flights to/from Florida for the wedding and then probably a smaller sentimental gift or something.  

Photobucket
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    doglover that is such a cute Idea. I'm sure they will appreciate it a lot.
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Parent albums come with our photography package.  I've also been keeping my eye out for a good deal on digital photo frames as well.  I know both sets of parents will love this.  We were also thinking about bringing the entire bridal party on a sunset cruise sometime during the week before the wedding... but unsure of that still.

PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    babybchbum - thanks.  My FI's parents have both passed so my mom and stepdad and my dad and his wife will each get framed paintings.  I guy I work with is a fantastic artist and did a great job.  I had them framed and I think they'll really like them.  They are all sentimental that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards