August 2012 Weddings

Married :) PIP 8/4/12

Hi all! I am back as an officially married woman, and it feels amazing :) The wedding was mostly flawless- literally nothing went wrong. We thought it would rain on our pictures before the cocktail hour but it didn't rain until I entered the reception venue, thank goodness. I cannot wait to see our professional pictures!! The food was amazing, as was the cake, and our guests agreed :) We had a 9-piece orchestra and the leader played his violin at each table during dinner, and everyone loved it (even people we didn't think would- like DH's best man). Many people complimented us that it's the nicest wedding they have been to. What a compliment! I am glad that we were able to make it an enjoyable day for everyone.

Although mostly everything went right there were a couple things I wasn't happy about- it was in the 90s and our church isn't air conditioned. It was HOT. And my dress was satin and heavy, so throughout the day it slipped down (not alot- but enough so that the boning of the bodice sat on my hips funny). And with the tightness of my dress and the heat it was hard to breathe (after dinner MOH and I went to bathroom to unzip for a few minutes lol). And I am a little annoyed that my bridesmaids didn't fan out my train during the ceremony. I had a beautiful train but for the whole ceremony (of the pictures I have seen) it had folds and creases. A long, displayed train is one of those things that I dreamed about since a little girl, so I am a bit disappointed by that.

This is getting long, sorry. We got back from our honeymoon in N. Michigan today and DH has off tomorrow so we can deposit checks, bring gifts over from my parents, etc. I am up with heartburn so I decided to post. Congrats to the ladies who are married and good luck to those yet to wed! :) These pics aren't the greatest to see my dress, but they are a couple of my favs so far.
About to be announced as Mr and Mrs

I am very happy with how our cake turned out!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Married :) PIP 8/4/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards