Chit Chat
Options

OMG - MOH finally came through

OK so I was freaking about my table linens for like 2 weeks. I had just been planning on buying my own and all was well if a few things had not popped up in the mean time. However, a few things did and my budget no longer had the $$ for the linens and I was freaking. I was going to even go with out if the tables looked ok but they didnt so I needed something. I was just going to pull money out of my a#^ somehow and get the tablecloths because they were needed. However, my MOH finally came through on something. She has pretty much been a no show or MIA for the last 6 months or so. I was seriously asking her to step aside but decided against it.

Well she called me up the other night and told me she solved my problems. Well she has a friend of sorts who she was talking to about my issue and I guess he said hold up and called his mother. Well my MOH's new boy toy's mother is a caterer and she is loaning me ALL of my tablecloths and tableskirts for the wedding. I am so excited and I will never complain about my MOH's lack of interest in my wedding or her ever revolving stream of boy toys again. =)

Sorry I just had to share my excitment with someone.
M
Photobucket
My Aisle Runner

Photobucket
My DY invitation.

Re: OMG - MOH finally came through

• Options
    OMG...on you, not your MOH.

You realize that your MOH is not required to do any of this for you? You act like it's some kind of freaking obligation. You also act dismissive of her and her new "boy toy" that seemed to have bailed your butt out of a sticky (but not that bad) situation.

You sound really spoiled. Until your wedding day is upon you, your MOH is not required to do anything, whatsoever wedding related besides buy a dress. You should be thanking her profusely and her new "boy toy". They had no obligation to do this whatsoever and you should treat it like that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_omg-moh-finally-came-through?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:9dabe39a-a2f2-4ecd-b6ce-c172d1eb35bfPost:a3c4b678-feb6-44c5-b337-67158e99defd">Re: OMG - MOH finally came through</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG...on you, not your MOH. You realize that your MOH is not required to do any of this for you? You act like it's some kind of freaking obligation. You also act dismissive of her and her new "boy toy" that seemed to have bailed your butt out of a sticky (but not that bad) situation. You sound really spoiled. Until your wedding day is upon you, your MOH is not required to do anything, whatsoever wedding related besides buy a dress. You should be thanking her profusely and her new "boy toy". They had no obligation to do this whatsoever and you should treat it like that.
    Posted by Manwaithiel[/QUOTE]

I realized she bailed me out of a sticky spot and she was not required to do so at all. I also know she is not required to do anything other than buy a dress. HOWEVER, as my MOH I expect her to be my friend. Would you have a complete stranger stand up next to you during your day or would you have picked your cloest and dearest friend to be there with you? I am sure you would pick your closest and dearest friend and not someone who is only required to buy a dress.

With that being said my MOH has been MIA as a friend for the last 6 months. We use to talk everyday, see each other a few times a week. Now I see her maybe once every other month and a week or two goes by before I even hear from her. She lives less than 5 minutes from me, and yes it does hurt.

She is married and has decided having a long list of boy toys she uses for sex and other things does bother me. Yes, it is her life and she can live how she chooses. But to not be my friend because she is out getting laid does piss me off.

But yes, she did bail me out and I am appreciative of it. Does it make the last 6 months any better no it does not.

M
    Photobucket
    My Aisle Runner

Photobucket
    My DY invitation.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_omg-moh-finally-came-through?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:9dabe39a-a2f2-4ecd-b6ce-c172d1eb35bfPost:d5878bc4-87d8-4f7d-a198-c8d8d67017b6">OMG - MOH finally came through</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK so I was freaking about my table linens for like 2 weeks. I had just been planning on buying my own and all was well if a few things had not popped up in the mean time. However, a few things did and my budget no longer had the $$ for the linens and I was freaking. I was going to even go with out if the tables looked ok but they didnt so I needed something. I was just going to pull money out of my a#^ somehow and get the tablecloths because they were needed. However, my MOH finally came through on something. She has pretty much been a no show or MIA for the last 6 months or so. I was seriously asking her to step aside but decided against it. Well she called me up the other night and told me she solved my problems. Well she has a friend of sorts who she was talking to about my issue and I guess he said hold up and called his mother. Well my MOH's new boy toy's mother is a caterer and she is loaning me ALL of my tablecloths and tableskirts for the wedding. I am so excited and I will never complain about my MOH's lack of interest in my wedding or her ever revolving stream of boy toys again. =) Sorry I just had to share my excitment with someone. M
    Posted by drkswifey2b[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Every situation has a back story-- just be cautious of the fact that we are unaware of it- so when you post comments like that to strangers-  you come off as rude and ungrateful.

I am very strict about who my friends are and who aren't.  If I don't have respect for someone- I can't really consider them a close friend.  I have a promiscuous friend that spends a lot of her time with the opposite sex.  It is her life and how she chooses to live it.  I love her to death and don't judge her for these actions.  I can't imagine judging her for this and then turning around and wanting to be best friends with her.

Maybe she is MIA because you don't accept her lifestyle choices.  If you want to be close with her again.. try just accepting her for who she is and focus on her positives.  If you can't do this.. your friendship will eventually end.

I know you didn't ask for friendship advice- but that is what happens when you slip those type of comments in a post.  Either keep it to the point or be prepared to get some reactions.. because you didn't come off in a very good light.

Congrats on the free linens!  Hope other aspects of your wedding planning come together nicely.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_omg-moh-finally-came-through?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:9dabe39a-a2f2-4ecd-b6ce-c172d1eb35bfPost:f9285035-0f38-41cd-97a7-df7d98c807eb">Re: OMG - MOH finally came through</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Every situation has a back story-- just be cautious of the fact that we are unaware of it- so when you post comments like that to strangers-  you come off as rude and ungrateful. I am very strict about who my friends are and who aren't.  If I don't have respect for someone- I can't really consider them a close friend...</strong> Maybe she is MIA because you don't accept her lifestyle choices.  If you want to be close with her again.. try just accepting her for who she is and focus on her positives.  If you can't do this.. your friendship will eventually end. I know you didn't ask for friendship advice- but that is what happens when you slip those type of comments in a post.  <strong>Either keep it to the point or be prepared to get some reactions.. because you didn't come off in a very good light.</strong> Congrats on the free linens!  Hope other aspects of your wedding planning come together nicely.
    Posted by PharmacyBride[/QUOTE]

Well put.  Especially since I'm thinking your MOH will never see this post and the hurtful things you said about her.  This isn't a flame - just some advice to maybe put your posts a little more to the point and less judgemental. 

That's wonderful that she was able to come through for you and linens are one less thing for you to worry about.  It feels good to check things off!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Congrats on your linens. I can understand you being excited and maybe sharing a bit too much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome!  Congrats! I'll have to see if my MOH can start dating someone with those kinda connections closer to my date lol :)  (I got the humor in the 'revolving boy toy' comment- I read the post with a bit of sarcasm, though, not in a completely serious tone :)).  Anyways, yay for you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards