Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Self catering?

Has anyone here done their own catering? Not necessarily cooking all the food yourself, but something like picking up food from Publix. FI and I are considering it, but we don't actually know anyone that's done it before and I'd like to get ya'lls input. 
TIA

Re: Self catering?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are self catering, FI and my family are cooking most of the food and some we are getting from restaurants. Our wedding is in 2 weeks so, I will tell you how it goes. I am nervous about it but, only a little.
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck, I can't wait to hear all about it : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am late to this thread, but we had pasta and salad delivered from Jason's Deli and had 3 family friends set up and keep the buffet stocked. It turned out really well, and everyone loved the food.
    Don't forget you will need someone to cut your cake! I had 2 of my aunts do it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I helped my friend and her husband cook all the food for their wedding. It took a week to get all the food and drink and decorations finished up and a lot of helping hands (her 5 brothers and sisters and all their partners, along with some friends). But it was great. The food was delicious. And the preparation was actually fun. It is a lot of work, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards