Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Need SUPER budget wedding info! Please Help!

My fiance and I are trying to find the right venue for our wedding.  We are planning far enough in advance so we have time to save since we're paying for it ourselves, but we need to put together a complete wedding (incl. dress, decorations, venue, food, etc.) for 200 people for less than $12,000.

People are posting venue info for places that come to $75 per person, but with a 200 person guest list, that just doesn't work.  My fiance and I both have very big families and even with a 200 person guest list, we're leaving a lot of people out.  I don't know what to do.  I want a nice wedding, but no matter how budget friendly the tips seem to be, there doesn't seem to be an affordable venue for that many people. 

Please, I'm begging for some help!!

Re: Need SUPER budget wedding info! Please Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Royal Manchester Golf Links in Manchester.  The person to contact is Sue Diaz, her e-mail is sueadamsdiaz@gmail.com

I have gotten my entire reception to under 10,000, and the space is gorgeous!!

If you tell her Malerie from The Knot referred you, she will give you some better deals!  Good luck!  Let me know if you need anymore information!
  • Options
    ltmullinltmullin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I emailed her and asked for more information.  I'm still open to other ideas though, if anyone has any.
  • Options
    cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!!

We are doing our wedding for about $7,500 and have a guestlist of 130, which is a little less then yours but I don't think you will have a problem with your budget!

You may want to try Stone Mill Inn in Hellam. It was really nice, and their prices were very reasonable. Also, the Atland House in york has a variety of different venues such as Ski Roundtop and the York Expo center, and their prices were really nice as well.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also try Red Lion Country Club - now run and catered by Dave Briggs/Southern Country Catering. Its good!

Or you may consider Cool Creek Country Club in Wrightsville. I think they let you bring in who ever you'd like for catering.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    BerrierBrideBerrierBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a specific area you are wanting your reception to be? Or, just anywhere in Central PA?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Iris CLub in Lancaster.  I heard that was affordable.  Mine was at Pheasant Run B&B in Lanc which was reasonable priced, but only for 110 or so.  Have you looked into Landis Valley's yellow barn?  I think that would fit 200 and was pretty reasonable.

My other suggestion for budget is look into other catering options.  We did BBQ from George's Famous BBQ in Red Lion for about 17 a person.  There are lots of options for catering like Isaac's, family restaurants, etc.
  • Options
    ltmullinltmullin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all your suggestions.  We decided to do the whole thing in my in-laws 4-acre yard.   We'll have to rent everything, but at least we know this way we won't have to pay a site fee and can fit as many people as needed comfortably.   Now the hunt is on for an affordable caterer.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Artistic Foods Catering
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards