Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Falmouth Beach Ceremony

Hi All- This is my first time posting. We just booked the Coonamessett Inn for our July wedding but we are not thrilled with the ceremony space.  We really envision saying our vows on the sand.  Any recommendations for a beach location that won't be crazy busy and has parking around 4:30-5:00? Maybe it's wishful thinking! Any input is greatly appeciated :)

Re: Falmouth Beach Ceremony

• nothing until after 5 pm available.  Surf drive, but it's really not that great.   Have been to plenty of ceremonies at the Cooni and the site is really not that bad... 

to get a beach permit call the town hall... you cn do wood neck, surf drive or Menhaunt beach ... 
  • July will be tough....try  http://spohrgardens.org/
    You wont have your toes in the sand but you can get married on the dock...beautiful location for photos....then on your way back to the coonamessett you can stop along shore dr for photos...and put your feet in the sand. There is parking for a few cars at the gadrens so you would need transportation for your guests. Trolleys by Tes is great.
  • Falmouth? Look into Nobska lighthouse. I heard its amazing...
    This cite has some information....

Wedding Countdown Ticker 121image #Invited
    108image # Are ready to party!
    6image # Are going to miss out!
    7image # Haven't responded!
    RSVP Date: May 30, 2012
  • I just did this, you definately have to go through the Falmouth Town Hall and request to have a permit to use there beaches.  They have a list on their sight and I believe you can download and print out the request forms.  Good Luck!

• Thanks for the info! kfrazel, what location did you end up choosing?
  • I am having it on Menahaunt beach! good luck with all your planning!
  • I know i posted this forever ago but Kfrazel...just wondering if you had your wedding yet. Were you happy with your decision on menahaunt? I'm all the sudden freaking out that in July I will feel like my wedding is placed in the middle of everyone's beach day. Starting to think differently about having a wedding on the beach in the summer. Hoping that I am over analyzing and someone can tell me otherwise because i really wanted an ocean side ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards