Favors

Mini Wine Bottles??

FI and I had talked with a gentleman from my church who makes his own wine about bottling single-serve sized wine bottles for our favors (most of family is big into wine, and our wedding has a wine/vineyard theme).  BUT....the cost of the favors, for about 300 of them, plus large bottles for bridesmaids and 6 packs of beer for groomsmen....comes to about $800-$900 dollars (one tenth of our budget).

My aunt recommended buying the single serve bottles from the store, and taking the labels off, replacing them with our own label with our monogram with it.  We would be able to have a bigger variety of kinds of wine, and cut the costs of favors down to about $350. 

Is this cheap, tacky or odd? 

Re: Mini Wine Bottles??

• psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that cuts a lotttt of cost!  I like your aunt's idea, I think it's really cute.   I especially like that it allows for more variety.  I know some people say things about favors being personalized, but it's something they'll drink and be done with.  I'd go for your aunt's choice :)
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I say go for it since as PP mentioned, it's something they will drink then throw away.  Especially if it's going to cut costs by 2/3 its' totallyworh it.  I'd never spend 1/10 of my budget on favors because they aren't that important to people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Belle2BeBelle2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whats the quality difference? From what I've read and tasted, the small bottles are on par with boxed wine.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My old job gave sparkling cider in gift baskets as client christmas gifts and they put a personalized label over the one already on the bottle. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I've heard a lot of negative comments regarding favors, especially ones that are more DIY.  I'm glad that you all think that buying the mini-bottles are not cheap/tacky.  :)  You made my night!
  • edited December 2011
    You can very easily put your own label OVER the old one.

I found a local wine/alchol/deli shop by my home, and I went straight to the owner, and asked him what deals he could give me, and I was suprised, that he has access to closeout/dicontinued wine, reg sized bottles, for just a little more then the small ones. IT was only like .25 cents more or something like that.

Good Luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did champagne bottles and just stuck gold foil labels that I had printed over the one on the bottle.
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that your aunt's idea is the way to go!! It will be just as good and I think it is a cute idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards