May 2013 Weddings

Invitation dilemma

My FI and I spent about an hour last night discussing whether or not we should include a children's meal option on our invitations.  There are a few select children invited to the wedding, but not everyone's kids will be invited.  I had planned on including a children's meal option on the RSVPs, but FI says that will be inviting everyone else to bring their kids, even if the invite doesn't say "and family" on it.  Would people actually write in kids meals if there weren't kids on the invite?  I would like to hope that people aren't that presumptious.

FI's idea is to either clearly state that due to the size of the reception, we are asking that kids not come, but then tell the few select people that their kids are welcome.  Or, we do a separate RSVP card for those families where we are inviting their kids.

Is anyone else doing something similar?

Re: Invitation dilemma

• We aren't doing anything special, but I would have a seperate RSVP card for the select few. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our caterer offers a childrens menu for kids 10 & under. Since we aren't limiting young kids from invites (but semi assuming the local friends may get a sitter) we are going to include a line on the RSVP to indicate how many under the age of 10 are coming. Anyone older we have to pay the full adult buffet price of 21.95. I currently plan to call those to find out if they'll all eat say, chicken fingers, or mac n cheese.....so I don't have to order a bunch of different kids meals, just 1. (if that makes sense)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, I definitely would not put it on all of the RSVP cards, that would send a mixed signal and not too many people get the address thing anyway.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I am more than likely going to put a spot on there that ask how many children will be attending on the RSVP and based off that number we will have a kid friend option. I agree with PP about not having to order a bunch of different kids meals. You really cant go wrong with chicken fingers, mac and cheese, etc...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards