April 2013 Weddings

Opinion please

We considered doing a photobooth, but we have since decided against it.  Now, we have decided that we would like to have a caricature artist at the reception after dinner for 2 hours.  She would do simple black and white caricatures.  This is just a thought.  If I was at a wedding I would really like it, but I'd like to know if you think that is cheesy?  If we do anything like this or photobooth my concern was that it would take away from people dancing but again, it would be a quick sketch, not color so it would take just max 10 mins to get it done.  Thoughts?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinion please

• I think it would be a cute activity to do at the reception. It doesn't sound like it would take to long and people that want a break from dancing can go do that. It might be a little on the cheesy side but sometimes it's fun to have that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was looking into doing that for my reception. The artist said it would take about 10 minutes per couple to draw. I am having a rather large wedding (230+) and for me that would be too long for people to have to wait; especially compared to a photobooth.

With that being said, I don't think it is cheesy at all, I think it is a pretty cool idea!
  • I think thats a cute idea, FI & I are considering doing that at our wedding as well. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At 10 minutes per drawing, that's only 12 guests who will be able to take advantage.  I wouldn't do it simply because of that.  A lot of people would probably go for it, and then be disappointed when the artist packs up and 3/4 of your guests still haven't had a chance to get their drawing done.

Maybe this would be better for a rehearsal dinner or bachelorette party?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • I actually looked at the site again and it's 10-12 per hour and maybe we could up it to 3 or 3.5 hours.  Hmmmm, have to think about this.  Thanks for the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd also be concerned about how many guests could actually take part.  That's why I'm doing a photobooth...I've been to weddings with one and it never took away from dancing and everyone can take part!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards