Missouri-Kansas City

Terrace on Grand

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Terrace on Grand?  I love the space, but have not heard of anyone who has been to or had a reception there.  Thanks!

Re: Terrace on Grand

• edited December 2011
    My friend photographed a wedding there.....I asked her what she thought of it and she said the rooftop was really neat but she didn't seem to think the inside was anything special?  That could have to do with how the cuple utilized the space.

Sorry that's not much help!
  • robynbuschrobynbusch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever get a chance to visit or hear from anyone else? I am also really interested in the venue but haven't visited yet. I know they require their caterer so I am interested in finding out about prices. I would love to hear what you think of it!

• greubelkgreubelk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did visit awhile back and loved the facility.  They just recently increased their bar prices and I found the catering to be a bit pricey for what was offered.  They actually don't require you to use their catering, so I think if we go with Terrace on Grand we will use outside catering.  The big setback for us was that they do not provide any plates or silverware, so we would have to find that also. Hope that helps a little!  I wish I could decide!
  • edited December 2011
    They will require their own catering starting in 2011. It was supposed to start in 2010, but they wanted to give a little leeway on shifting over. I'm waiting to hear back on a quote from them. I haven't gone on a tour or anything yet. I wanted to see $$ first!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Did any of you choose The Terrace on Grand for your reception? I toured the space and LOVED the rooftop area, but am not quite sold on the main indoor space. However, I do think that it can be made to look great with the right decor and layout. I have it narrowed down to this and Pennway Place, which has an amazing indoor space, but nothing outdoors. I'm thinking an outdoor area might be nice since our date is June 2, 2012, but I'm having a hard time choosing one place over the other. I need to make a final decision soon, so any advice would be much appreciated!! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards