Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Salon for updos... Cleveland -Parma - Lakewood Area??? Help!

Hi ladies...

Need to go somewhere that does an amazing A+ job on hair.

Need an up to date salon that does elegant  and classy updos.
Not the Prom -y or crazy ones lol.

Any advice would certainly be appreciated :)

Re: Salon for updos... Cleveland -Parma - Lakewood Area??? Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was planning from out of town, and really wanted to go to an Aveda salon since I know their products do not bother my sensitive skin. However, I tried one and didn't like it at all. I have a ton of hair (thick), and the girl didn't know what to do with it all.   I had a second trial at Dante Lucci in Rocky River... and it was awesome.   My sister has gone there for years, and they did a great job!   Holly did my hair (half up/half down), and there were 5 or so other updos too...  all looked great.   
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had GREAT luck with Emily at Illusion Unlimited in Strongsville. She not only did my wedding day updo (pic in bio) but also when I was a BM in my brother's wedding. I had her do a different updo styles for each occasion and both looked wonderful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JenLeeSJenLeeS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My bridesmaids and I will be going to my usual salon--Color by Numbers in Lakewood. It's a modern, hip salon that is very reasonably priced. I love it there. I've only seen them do a couple updos, but just from having gone there for years for haircuts, I'm absolutely sure I'm not going to be given "prom hair."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ccbiroccbiro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Search for Lather, A Salon in Rocky River--my friend Erin G. works there and is amazing.  She's been doing my and my fiance's hair for years.  She's also doing my wedding party + mothers (10 people) for my wedding this August.  It's a trendy new salon and has the usual prices for updos (nothing outrageously priced).

• Options
    ralpineralpine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my hair done at Vanity Lab.  I was in a wedding last year and they did our entire party, so I'm bringing back 9 of us for mine!  It's in Westlake and I've bee going to the same stylist for ten years.  It's a great salon and we had fun because they let us bring food and drinks while we were getting ready.

If you want to check it out, I have referral cards that I've passed out to a lot of girls on The Knot.  Just send me a private message or your e-mail below.  It's for 20 dollars off any service.  I promise it's worth it!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards