Plus-Sized
Options

Week 1 of working out... complete!

On black Friday, I bought an Xbox 360 with Kinect with the full intention of using it to work out. I've now completed week one of working out! I've done 5 workouts this week (3 adventure themed games and 2 Zumba). I'm really trying to stay motivated to get healthy and continue working out both for the wedding but more importantly myself.

Just wanted to share so that I can try and stay motivated!

Re: Week 1 of working out... complete!

• Options
    yay! i love zumba, it's SO FUN
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love Zumba too. I just wish there was a class near where I live.  Great job with the working out. Keep up the good work.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    good for you! i just finished my first official week too! I have both dvd sets of zumba. i definitely works, i lost 23lbs over the spring. then i got lazy and gained it all (and then some) back. good luck to you! i hope we can keep each other motivated! i definitely need it too! :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good job.
    Did you mean you did Zumba with the Kinect?  If so can you tell me the name of the game?
    Thanks
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Awesome. My sister has the Kinect and a dance game (forget which one, it's not Zumba).  I like dancing workouts. 

I don't own a car, and it's a bummer because there's a church a county over that offers free Zumba and I'd love to do that, but I have no way to get there.

I used to DVR dance workouts on Discovery Fit & Health, but then they basically stopped doing them all together.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_week-1-of-working-out-complete?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:90bcfa07-1471-4a7f-aec8-01ac1768ea5dPost:cb01bba4-d7a4-4778-9a75-6367672c60a9">Re: Week 1 of working out... complete!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good job. Did you mean you did Zumba with the Kinect?  If so can you tell me the name of the game? Thanks
    Posted by rmontpas[/QUOTE]

It's just Zumba for Kinect. We are renting it right now from the local video store because it's on my Christmas list so I don't want to buy it.
  • Options
    Sounds like fun. Keep up the good work! Maybe your check-ins will get my butt moving! 
  • Options
    Thanks, I will check the video store for the game and then get my teenage son to share his system!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_week-1-of-working-out-complete?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:90bcfa07-1471-4a7f-aec8-01ac1768ea5dPost:cb01bba4-d7a4-4778-9a75-6367672c60a9">Re: Week 1 of working out... complete!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good job. Did you mean you did Zumba with the Kinect?  If so can you tell me the name of the game? Thanks
    Posted by rmontpas[/QUOTE]

I have the actuall DVD sets that came with the maraca weights. The older set had 3 or discs, and the new one has 7 or 8 I think. I figure to pay $10 a class at the church is stupid when I can spend $100 on the set and workout whenever I want. Its paid for it self many times. go to zumba.com
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards