Connecticut

Help! Need inexpensive but unique venue, pref rustic

Hi all! Im new on this site and in a bit of a bind My fiance booked society room of Hartford for reception. We have had a family crises and have to push date back , society room refused to just move date without losing 2000 deposit. We may just drop them but now , or not get married for another full year ; .. We are looking for something more affordable, either in westen ma or ct not far past hartford . We don't like banquet halls, and love the barn at Wesleyan and others like it but very expensive . We are also considering the boathouse in ct but its only 3 grand cheaper than society room . We have 125 people and cant cut any. Any recommendations on good/ inexpensive caterers are appreciated too ;
Was supp to get married this coming September ... Help?

Re: Help! Need inexpensive but unique venue, pref rustic

• Im getting married in September also, and our wedding is a rustic barn wedding. We are getting married at Wrights Mill Farm in Canterbury. It has a gorgeous waterfall outside, a pond, a covered bridge, and a pavillion, also a refurbished barn to have receptions inside. The owner Curt is so nice and very easy to work with. He always returns my emails within an hour or 2. I have never heard anything bad about the place at all, the staff, the food, the atmosphere, they include the cake in their meal cost. They are actually having their own wedding show on March 10th. So you can see it all decorated and taste their food. PM me if you want to talk any more :)
  • Hello, We are getting married at the Farmington Gardens in Farmington Ct this Sept. The place is beautiful and unique. They are very reasonable and accommodating. They got great reviews. Check them out!!
  • Grassy Hill Lodge in Derby, CT.  We are getting so much for a great price.
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    The Ranch Golf Club in Southwick, MA might work.
    imageAnniversary
  • Village at Boulder Ridge, Barkhamstead CT.  Doubles as a summer camp/only open in the sping to the fall.  Their prices were better then most I found, and we can bring our own liquor which cuts down on cost.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards