June 2013 Weddings

officiant meeting/honeymoon scouting/random

I'm excited that I only have 1 more thing left to put a deposit down on...the officiant. We have a meeting with this woman that got great ratings and reviews next week. I can't wait to meet with her =)

Initially, my FI and I were planning to go on a cruise but since all the mishaps (and dying) on cruise ships I changed my mind. Plus we would have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a passport that neither one of us would use again. So we decided to look into resorts in FL. I found a great one called LaPlaya Resort in Naples, FL. I'm still scouting but that one definately has my eye.

I took my learner's permit test yesterday and passed! I'm so excited. My FI made fun of me bc I'm 26 and just now bothering to learn how to drive. This weekend he is giving me a driving lesson :) He drives a nice car so I'm kinda nervous lol.

I'm moving in with him sometime this year so I'm super excited about that. I'm an only child so sharing a space will be challenging. I already have big decoration plans for his house lol.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: officiant meeting/honeymoon scouting/random

• I can't believe you have everythin set already! I am trying to get back into planning after taking a few months off do to my job. That sounds like an awesome place for the Honeymoon, I feel like I have heard of it before. I can't believe you don't have your license yet! Why did you never get it when you were younger? I had mine 3 weeks after I turned 16!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're only thinking carribean/mexico for your honeymoon you can also look into just getting the new passport card.  I don't have the exact details as where I live, I need the full passport--but I believe it is a cheaper option than the passport book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations on everything you've gotten accomplished!

The resort sounds lovely, and I think I've heard of it too (but nothing bad so no worries). FI and I will more than likelly go on a cruise. I've been on 4, and he was with me on our last one for his first. We have passports, and I'm not afraid of them even with the tipping over and people getting robbed. The Titanic didn't scare me enough to stay away so I don't think anything will.

Let us know what other options you find though. I'm always up for new ideas.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am also planning between work and school. I've only got 3 classes left before I graduate with my pharmacy tech certificate. Currently I work at a call center for the school I'm attending in the Admissions department. I wanted to get everything at least deposited for we can work on paying everything off =)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards