Getting in Shape
Options

Bodypump

http://www.lesmills.com/global/en/members/bodypump/bodypump-group-fitness-program.aspx

Has anyone ever done this? I tried it at my local YMCA a couple years ago and it really kicked my ass. So badly, I haven't been back. I'm really to step up with heavier weights and I thinking about giving this another go. Just curious if anyone else was familiar with it.
Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Bodypump

• Options
    The Les Mills classes are all that are offered at my gym. I love Body Pump, Body Attack, Body Combat, and Body Flow.  I can't do Body Step to save my life!

Body Pump is a great weights class. The weights are lighter than that you would probably do if you were just doing free weights but you definitely work your muscles to the point of exhaustion. You will hurt the next day but only if you haven't done it in a while. After you have done it for a few weeks you need to make sure that you up your weights a little so it is still tough on your muscles. 

I have friends who swear by it, and say that if you did Body Pump three times a week you would lose weight. I am sure you would. Personally, I prefer to do Body Pump as a compliment to the weight lifting I already do, and I do classes like Body Attack, and then running or elliptical for cardio...I like to mix it up though.

I would definitely tell you to try doing it at least once a week for a month to see how your body reacts over time.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot! I'm going to give it a shot tonight. I wasn't sure if Bodypump alone would be sufficient as far as weight lifting goes. I'll try to incorporate free weights as well. Appreciate your insight!
  • Options
    I went with a friend last week to her gym for a class (we were both in the Army) and it kicked our butts!!! I wasn't really incorporating a lot of weights into my workouts but after reading a lot of posts on here I decided to start. I loved this class so much that I went to my own gym and signed up to start wednesday! I'm so excited! I can't remember if I read this on here or in a magazine but if you're really sore after a good strength training day, do some light cardio the next day. It'll exercise your muscles so they won't get stiff.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I know I am late to this thread, but just wanted to add to the above comments that in BodyPump you should be able to choose your own level of weights so that you're not absolutely dying the first few classes. At least at my gym, we can pick out the individual weights and if I haven't been to a class in a few months, I will start pretty low and then move up after I adjust. Otherwise you can burn out, be sore for five days, and lose any enthusiasm to attend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This class is my absolute favorite!  When I'm doing it consistently, I notice real changes in my body.  I fell of the wagon for a while, but with warmer weather coming, I'm getting back into it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That's awesome! I did it Monday and MAN am I sore! My quads are especially killing me. I did some light cardio yesterday, will today and hopefully will go back to BodyPump tomorrow. It was rough, but I think I'll really get into it. The music gets kinda ridiculous though. Haha.
  • Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Body Pump!  I also love Attack (old school cardio) and Combat (kickboxing cardio).  I tried Step...but I am not coordinated enough for that one!  Going to try Flow (yoga-esque) as well next week.  I love them because I would never do an hour of cardio otherwise (on the elliptical, or with free weights), and everyone working out together is very motivation.  Also, Pump makes you feel very strong!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards