Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Happy Hour

Happy hour at Blue Mesa treated me well. lol. So I was invited to happy hour with my coworkers this Friday... Should I go? I'm not sure. I know y'all don't care... But advice please.

Re: Happy Hour

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it. I love doing HH with my coworkers!
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You were the one who mentioned fear of rejection, right? Here's my advice: you really have to just put yourself out there. Otherwise, you will continue to be fearful.
    Anniversary

• Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I'm the one that mentioned fear of rejection. I'm trying to go to this... There is only 5 days left of school after this happy hour so even if I'm uncomfortable it will be forgotten before next year by myself (I hope). Of course that's not really true since this is an ongoing fear & based on life. :( I'm hoping others opinions will convince me to try it. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_happy-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ad69fea5-3a02-45da-9912-9ab1bd9175d9Post:06a189ca-1784-401c-a1a2-2fdbd948d7ae">Happy Hour</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy hour at Blue Mesa treated me well. lol. So I was invited to happy hour with my coworkers this Friday... Should I go? I'm not sure. I know y'all don't care... But advice please.
    Posted by 1fwdarlin[/QUOTE]

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much fun you have. Until recently, I had the same fear as you and am very introverted by nature. If you get there and still feel uncomfortable, have one drink, smile and nod, then head out. It is a Friday night on a holiday weekend--the excuses are endless.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go for it.  Then come to our next G2G :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't remember -- is your FI here with you, or are you one of the knotties in a long-distance engagement? Could you bring him with you to the HH?

I used to avoid HH, anything social really. Now I love going out for any reason -- but the difference is that I almost always have DH with me. He brings me to his work HH, and nobody says anything about it. As long as it's after work, I think it's fine to bring non-coworkers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Go for it, if you are not comforatable--as courtski suggested--have one drink and then head out.  Your coworkers will be happy that you spent some of your own time with them to get to know them.

Speaking of the next GTG--anything in the works?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alright I'll go for it! My fiancé does live here and he's able to leave work early tomorrow and go with me so it should be fine. And if not, like some of you have said I can always just have one and leave. Thanks for the push of courage! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay.  Let us know how much fun you had!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with my fiance and had a great time! It was a little awkward on occasion because of how few showed up and more attention than I'm used to but I survived. Haha. :) Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you went and had a good time! DH and I tried to go to a HH on Thursday .... not a single other person was there! (One had been there, but left because he didn't see anyone else. He left literally a minute before we arrived).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards