Rhode Island
Options

Plus Size Dress Shopping

So I need to start dress shopping soon for my September wedding.  I generally wear a street size 18, and I'm pretty sure most bridal shops generally carry samples geared towards smaller women.  Can anyone recommend someplace that is likely to carry larger sample sizes?  I'm not the type to wear dresses often, so I'm nervous about shopping anyhow, plus my mother stresses me out big time.  I know having to try on dresses that are way too small for me will just make me angry.  I've heard David's tends to carry larger samples, but my mother is very against going there (she tends to be judgmental and thinks Davids is beneath us).  I also don't mind having to go to Boston or something if I'll have better luck finding my size.  If it matters, I'd like to keep the dress to $800, but I'd be willing to spend up to $1200 for the really perfect dress.  Thanks ladies!

Re: Plus Size Dress Shopping

• Options
    Definitely go to Boticelli's in Providence. They only carry plus sizes. My mom had a huge selection to choose from and there were bridal gowns too. The owner was super sweet and helpful.
  • Options
    I would suggest going to Botecellis and also Bridal and Gift. I got my dress there and I am def not a sample size. My mom is very judgemental as well and turned her nose up to a lot of places (and things for that matter) but she liked ht service there. They had plenty of dresses that were size 16+
    Really, shops carry larger sizes just call ahead and ask How many... and what their selection is.
    I just called the shop ahead and asked if they carried plus size samples. Most did. Bridal Garden had a lot of selection too

I reviewed all the places I went and needed plus size dresses on, except for Botcelli becuase I found a dress before I went there.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of Botticelli's but it probably won't be my first stop.  Brina -- I'll definitely check out your blog, I think that's exactly the kind of help/direction I'm looking for!
  • Options
    Party dress express and the wishing well had plus size sections
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards