April 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Party App

Have any of you used this before or heard of it?  I went to a wedding in November and they asked guests to use it.  It's awesome and a free alternative to buying disposable cameras for the tables :-)

If your guests have smartphones, they can download the app, join your event, take pictures of your wedding/RD/bridal shower etc and upload them to your event in the app.  All guests get to share their pictures with each other and comment.

It's basically an alternative to facebook and comes with printable instructions for you to post for your guests :-)  I think I may put the instructions sheet in half of the programs and then posted by the guest book inside.  They can upload pix later, too if they missed the memo or their phone didn't have service or something.

Anyways, it's pretty cool, check it out!  You can set up an event for your wedding now if you want, I made mine back in November so I didn't forget about it, lol.

Re: Wedding Party App

• Options
    That sounds like a great idea! I haven't heard of it, but may have to check it out.

Anniversary
  • Options
    That is pretty cool. I saw people were doing that with Twitter, making their wedding a # so the bride and groom and everyone could easily find all the pictures.
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I saw something on pinterest where people do that with instagram.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-party-app?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:2b3fd11e-ecd6-450f-a4d6-5f747e475349Post:43ac317d-220a-47ab-b0b3-12552a147a4e">Re:Wedding Party App</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw something on pinterest where people do that with instagram.
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

<div>For some reason I'm anti-instagram :-P  I think it's because everyone's pictures end up having the same grainy vintage effect.  </div>
  • Options
    Is the app called "Wedding Party"? I looked at a couple of those apps but they were expensive! $100 for people to upload photos? Really??!!!

I'll definitely have to check it out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yea(I'm using an iPhone), if you search Wedding Party is the icon with a pink/salmon colored background with a black camera on it and a white heart on the camera.  It is free to download.

Here is the link to set up your account online:

https://www.weddingpartyapp.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wedding-party-photos-from/id494214305?mt=8
  • Options
    A really good one is called Wedpics and it works the same my friend used it and we are going to use it for ours . Best part it's FREE
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards