July 2013 Weddings
Options

Guys, look what I found in my basement.

So, this was donated to our LARP but is way too small for ANYONE and is super impractical to boot.  We've had it for years and I forgot about it until today.

It's COVERED in white & silver sequins, and clear sugar beads, rice beads, half rice beads, and oval & round white faux pearls.

Who doesn't have to buy embellishments for her DIY gown?  This gal!  This dress is just getting cheaper and cheaper.

Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Guys, look what I found in my basement.

• Options
    Are you taking that apart to use the beading?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    woot woot congrats
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_guys-look-what-i-found-in-my-basement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:38d90ab4-ef6d-4ead-9527-fa94ca92c197Post:89bb9b4d-4502-4d94-8b7c-31d711cd0eff">Re:Guys, look what I found in my basement.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you taking that apart to use the beading?
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

<div>Abso-frickin'-lootly.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: It's already got spots on it where some of the sequens have broken and threads have come undone, so I won't feel guilty about "ruining" an antique dress.  I've been trying to dream up ways to repurpose it for years and this seems as good of a reason as any :)</div>
  • Options
    Phew...originally i wanted to post that it was quite...umm..interesting lol but didnt want to offend. Cant wait ro see what your dress looks like at the end of this. When are you hoping to have it done by?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The body of the skirt I'm shooting for end of September with embellishments for it by the end of October before Holiday nonsense starts. If we didn't have our 9 day vacation and BTS shopping to do I would have said Sept 1 but its not really practical. The base bodice by the end of the year (which will be what I'd have to alter most if I lose weight between now and then) and then embellished by end of April. I'm trying to spread it out because I know it won't get done overnight and I don't want to get burned out on it. That also leaves me plenty of time between steps to work on other DIY projects.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards