Hawaii
Options

Spanx

That 5 pounds more that I thought I would lose just isn't happening and I've already lost 20 pounds.  I have my dress fitting on Thursday and I'm trying to prepare.  My only issue is just a bit around the stomach.  My dress is very fitting so I have to have something.  I tried a control top panty and that didn't work out so well and you could see the waist line through the dress.  Has anyone tried Spanx?  They seem a bit expensive (but then again, I've never bought anything like it so how do I know lol) but unsure of whether it's worth it or there is another comparable product.  Any suggestions?

Re: Spanx

• Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sandy, I bought some spanx last summer to go around my mid-section....and it didn't work like it was supposed to. The fabric kept rolling up or rolling down, it wouldn't stay put. I got really annoyed and ended up never wearing it again!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i also bought one - and i guess depending on "how much" you have, it may or may not work. mine's alright, like andrea, it sometimes rolls up and you have to pull it up from outside your clothes. sorta awkward.

you might want to try a corset bra type thingy. it'll be a bra, then smooth your tummy down to your waist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine always rolls down too. Having said that, I still wish I'd worn one - I have waaay too much stomach pudge in my photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine during the wedding. It didn't bother me at all.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, there's no way it's gonna roll down if your dress is tight - the dress itself will hold up the spanx.

I'm wearing em.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i tried spanx and it doesn't nearly have as much hold as the dkny number i bought from nordstrom.  it has NEVER rolled down on me and this sucker is tight.  i love it.  unfortunately i don't see it on their website. : (  try other brands... ask someone in a hosiery department for help.  i have the one that looks like biker shorts and goes all the way up to the breasts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_spanx?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:30bb0387-1009-4c24-8414-79fca8c9c12bPost:e9368c95-1417-4723-893c-62c75cabc8ef">Re: Spanx</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have the one that looks like biker shorts and goes all the way up to the breasts.
    Posted by skorpiou[/QUOTE]

This is what I have in Spanx. I like them and have never had a problem with them, but there's not as miraculous as I would like. Last time I looked, Ebay had a lot of Spanx for sale for about half price (and several that were new in package!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After a few days of looking and trying to figure out what to do.....it suddenly hit me...my dress is totally backless so no way I can wear the biker short version like I thought may work.  The front plunges too so not sure a bra that is backless and hooks at the waste will work either.  I'm going to Macy's before my fitting today to see if I can come up with anything.

Thanks for all of your input ladies!!  I appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, chiming in very late here!  I have two different kinds of Spanx...the biker short kind that goes way high (which I LOVE), and also a newer version that they have called Skinny Britches.  I got SB for the wedding b/c it's a lot lighter (i.e. less HOT), but still gets the job done.  This might work for you.  I've already done a test wear and I loved them!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards