Wisconsin
Options

Quilted Bear in Germantown

Has anyone had or attended a wedding at this venue within the past year? We are looking for impressions, experience, whatever you would like to contribute. We would also like to know if you used the hotel next door for guests. Thank you.

Re: Quilted Bear in Germantown

• Options
    I'm having my wedding there in November.  I've found them very easy to work with.  (I'm working with Melissa).  All of my questions asked both in person and via e-mail are answered promptly.  They are willing to work with you on whatever special requests you may have.  The facility itself (including the bathrooms) are clean.  We still need to do our food tasting, but we went in for Sunday brunch in March and were quite pleased  with the food.  I also know of another family where one daughter had her reception there a year or two ago and the second daughter is having her reception there this month. 

I've also booked blocks of rooms at both the Country Inn & Suites and the Americinn.  There is quite a difference in the price between these two hotels so I'm hoping that everything is up to par at the Americinn.  (I'm thinking I might need to stop in there someday.)  When you call for your room block, make sure that you are having your reception at the Quilted Bear.  I can't remember if it gets you anything, but its at least worth a try.

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_quilted-bear-in-germantown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:a84381e9-9a8e-4e20-911a-497a4be90c1ePost:8b960cbb-1eea-426b-986d-9ed85cc8dd45">Re: Quilted Bear in Germantown</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding there in November.  I've found them very easy to work with.  (I'm working with Melissa).  All of my questions asked both in person and via e-mail are answered promptly.  They are willing to work with you on whatever special requests you may have.  The facility itself (including the bathrooms) are clean.  We still need to do our food tasting, but we went in for Sunday brunch in March and were quite pleased  with ....

Thank you,please keep us posted. I have personally stayed at Americinn several times and like it. Rooms clean, pool fun although whirlpool is a bit small. Quilted Bear said they had a "deal" with hotels if you mentioned you were having wedding there. We looked at The Bear on a recent Saturday when entire hall (both rooms) were set up for wedding. We are at the starting stages and still digesting prices in general.
  • Options
    i went to a wedding there 4 or 5 years ago.  (Wow... It really didn't seem that long ago).  It was very nice.  No complaints as a guest.  I thought the ceremony location was very pretty.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just went to a wedding there in December last year.  The bride told me that they were very easy to work with and the whole process was a breeze.  It seems like a good budget friendly venue - plus there are the hotels that are so close for your guests.  I would have to say the food was not good at all - most of the stuff I could make at home better. There was this stroganoff that looked like dog food and tasted very bitter.  However their bartenders were very good and there is definitely plenty of space for people to move around.  I would also imagine that the yard space with the fountain is nice as well although we couldn't experience that with a wedding in December. Good luck!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_quilted-bear-in-germantown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:a84381e9-9a8e-4e20-911a-497a4be90c1ePost:00d991bb-9d5a-49ee-bc53-cb802ffe5bce">Re: Quilted Bear in Germantown</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went to a wedding there in December last year. .  I would have to say the food was not good at all - most of the stuff I could make at home better. There was this stroganoff that looked like dog food and tasted very bitter.  
    Posted by Grizzles66[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your input. We will be tasting before ordering and I hope getting feed back from those who have weddings coming up.
  • Options
    I'm having my reception at Quilted Bear THIS FRIDAY!!! I'll let you know how it goes :) 

We're having hor d'oeurves and we have rooms blocked at Country Inn & Suites. 

ALL of the planning over the last year with Melissa and Bailey has been a dream - they're SO accomodating and wonderful to work with!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_quilted-bear-in-germantown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:a84381e9-9a8e-4e20-911a-497a4be90c1ePost:333a9cf8-70a6-4231-8dae-556d745ae29c">Re: Quilted Bear in Germantown</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my reception at Quilted Bear THIS FRIDAY!!! I'll let you know how it goes :)  We're having hor d'oeurves and we have rooms blocked at Country Inn & Suites.  ALL of the planning over the last year with Melissa and Bailey has been a dream - they're SO accomodating and wonderful to work with!
    Posted by ohnoitskaroljo[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to your post.  Will appreciate any and all vendor reviews.
  • Options
    Just had my wedding at the Quilted Bear on 9/29/2012, everything was great. Worked with Melissa and Bailey and they helped with everything. Dropped off the table runners, table numbers, favors, table tents, candles etc the night before and they put everything together for me so I didn't have to. Extremebly nice and will handle all your needs and questions. Plus our pictures we took by the gazebo and field were awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards