Indiana
Options

South Bend hotel help!

Hey!  I could really use some help.  Anyone out there get married in South Bend during football season??  October specifically.  Did you find any hotels willing to cut you a deal on a Notre Dame home weekend??  Thank you so much!!

Re: South Bend hotel help!

• Options
    ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I got married in South Bend, but over the summer--not football season.  I do have a friend who got married in South Bend on a ND home gameday, and no hotels would offer her a block at a low price because of the crazy money they can make for home games--I'm sure you've noticed how a hotel that would be $99 any other night skyrockets up to around $300! They did block rooms out in Warsaw and in Michigan as well, but weren't able to get anything that wasn't a decent drive.  Sorry for the bad news--I hope things work out for you!
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I doubt you'll be able to find deals if there is a game going on. Maybe you'll get lucky and there won't be a game on your wedding day (I'm guessing your wedding iis next yr?)

I'm sure people will be willing to fork over a large amt of $ to get a room, esp if it's a big game, as pp said, so I doubt a hotel owner will want to offer rooms at a couple hundred bucks less a night.. It sucks, but it's business.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly doubt it...I live 30+ minutes south of South Bend and even our hotels book up for ND football.  Definitely book early to make sure you get a hotel near your location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I know it's going to be a long shot but I've always wanted to get married in the fall and I won't let Notre Dame ruin it!!  We actually have a block of rooms reserved already at non-game rates, but I wanted a few back up rooms just in case.  Luckily I have a lot of friends and family in town where we can place the out-of-towners if we have to!  Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Notre Dame ruins lives, lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards