Getting in Shape

A formal Intro to GIS.

Hello,

So I still consider myself a lurker and I'm definitely not a reg on GIS. I think I'm just so overwhelmed and anxious when it comes to weight loss. Reading the posts helps for motivation. I don't know why but getting back on the workout bandwagon is getting so dang hard this time around.

A little about me; I'm a SoCal girl and I never had weight issues until maybe 5 years ago. All of a sudden, losing weight was just not easy anymore and I fell into the busy work/home lifestyle so I had "no time" to workout. 2 years ago; I lost 56 lbs and gained back most of it despite keeping the same eating pattern and working out OCCASSIONALLY. Well it turns out I have some issues that will make my weight loss journey a little bit harder but I have to do this again. I keep telling myself "you did it once, you can do it again" but I just can't find the patience this time. I wish I had a fairy Godmother to come and wave her wand at me....

Anyway, enough of the pitty party. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know, I will be relying on this board to lose 20+ lbs by Sept. (anniversary trip). I have an acct on MFP but I think I haven't logged on in like a month.

Congratulations to all posters that have lost weight. :) I hope to join the club soon.

Michelle

Re: A formal Intro to GIS.

• Hey! Welcome! We hope to hear more from you on your weight loss journey. Start by getting back in to logging on MFP - if it motivates you more, feel free to add any/all of us as friends on there! I believe there's a sticky post at the top of the board that has all our UNs (mine is the same there as it is here)

Also, join us on the daily accountability threads :)
  • Welcome!  Do join us in accountability on back on MFP!
    Anniversary
  • Thank you Ladies.

I know my weight loss was not necessarily "healthy" I lost it by doing the "no carb" diet. All I ate was meat and salad and my Dr. thinks it has a lot to do with my Hypothyroidism.  I have Kaiser and my Dr. recommended the "healthy lifestyle" program online and I think it's working. In the past month; I lost 2.5 lbs. and it feels good to lose weight and know you're doing something right but kinda sucks when you lose 3 ounces the next week. 
  • Hello and welcome! Jump right in!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you CNF

Thanks Lia. I like you too. :)

I will be tracking on MFP today for the first time in God knows how long. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards