New Jersey - South
Options

Wedding Dress Questionnaire

I posted this on the DE board bc I live in DE,but I'm curious  about what everyones dress looks like on here too and how their experience went!!! Not only that but soon I'll be going dress shopping and since I'm going alone (long story but basically no one wants to go..too busy with their lives) I'd like to get everyone's input.So I made a little questionnaire! 
My name is:Wedding date:Venue:My dress is:I bought it from:I'm most excited about my dress because:Comments/Pics:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress Questionnaire

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My name is:  Jody
    Wedding date:  9/5/10
    Venue:  a synagogue in Marlton, NJ
    My dress is:  Demetrios #9699
    I bought it from:  Wedding Belles, Northfield, NJ.  And I didn't actually buy it - I won it at a bridal show in Atlantic City this past March!!
    I'm most excited about my dress because:  it was pretty, flattering and comfortable.  And it was free (except alterations)!
    Comments/Pics:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is: Shanon
    Wedding date: 12/11/10
    Venue: Collingswood Grand Ballroom, NJ
    I bought it from: Davids Bridal
    I'm most excited about my dress because: It has lace and compliments my figure 
    Comments/Pics: Since Im not married yet I didnt want to put a pic up of me in it JIC. But There is a link above. I bought a lace jacket to go with it as well, it compliments it perfectly, hides an ugly scar I have on my arm, and will keep my somewhat warm in December!

My dress shopping experience went well. I tried on about 8 dresses, and the one I choose made me feel like a real bride, it was "me" and I loved it.

Happy dress shopping!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    marianthebmariantheb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is: MariantheWedding date:11/13/2010Venue:The MerionMy dress is:Lazaro http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Additional/Style-3857I bought it from: The Bridal Garden in Marlton NJI'm most excited about my dress because: I just love the fabric and the overall shape of the dress! I can't wait!Comments/Pics:

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
    RSVP Deadline: 10/2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is: Laura
    Wedding date: January 16, 2011
    Venue: The Merion
    My dress is: Oleg Cassini
    I bought it from: David's Bridal in Springfield. (They were FABULOUS there... the dress was being discontinued and the Store Manager went CRAZY trying to find the dress in my size in Ivory... it was only in three stores in the company and she got one of them to send the dress to her store so I could put it on layaway because at the time if you special ordered the dress you had to pay in full. She was amazing.)
    I'm most excited about my dress because: I know the minute my FI sees me in it, he is going to cry.... he had seen it when I was just browsing pictures in the beginning and he loved it and has NO idea that is the dress I ended up with.
    Comments/Pics:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All you girls look amazing and the dresses are so beautiful!!!!!!!  Exciting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is:Melissa Wedding date: November 13, 2010Venue: One Atlantic Atlantic City, NJMy dress is: Oleg CassiniI bought it from: David's BridalI'm most excited about my dress because: Its beautiful and compliments me!Comments/Pics: I don't want to post any pics because I want it to be a surprise for everyone!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_wedding-dress-questionnaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1a0b2857-8111-4ea9-9966-1b308210a0e5Post:32c05763-24c0-4568-bfee-d79f03cc1f6e">Re: Wedding Dress Questionnaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]My name is:Melissa Wedding date: November 13, 2010 Venue: One Atlantic Atlantic City, NJ My dress is: Oleg Cassini I bought it from: David's Bridal I'm most excited about my dress because: Its beautiful and compliments me! Comments/Pics: I don't want to post any pics because I want it to be a surprise for everyone!!
    Posted by mp375[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>One Atlantic is a neat venue! I looked into a wedding there but decided on something less modern.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bonnie, that's terrible that no one wants to go with you. I'd be upset and mostly pissed off that other people are that self centered.

My name is: Lisa
    Wedding date:  11/06/2010
    Venue: The Merion, in Cinnaminson
    My dress is: Pronovias Moka
    I bought it from: Bridal Garden in Marlton
    I'm most excited about my dress because: I love the pickups and crystals
    Comments/Pics:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_wedding-dress-questionnaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1a0b2857-8111-4ea9-9966-1b308210a0e5Post:9dc4788d-ff3e-4b70-8b4e-517f678434a0">Re: Wedding Dress Questionnaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bonnie, that's terrible that no one wants to go with you. I'd be upset and mostly pissed off that other people are that self centered. My name is: Lisa Wedding date:  11/06/2010 Venue: The Merion, in Cinnaminson My dress is: Pronovias Moka I bought it from: Bridal Garden in Marlton I'm most excited about my dress because: I love the pickups and crystals Comments/Pics:
    Posted by LisaLPharmD[/QUOTE]
     yea I am but what can I do?! My Fiancé has offered to go but that is definitely a NO! lol I figure I'll go by myself and my dress will be a surprise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well this might be unorthodox but if you do want someone to come so you have opinions and a reaction to the right dress just let me know! Myself and my girls are all capable of Oohs, Aahs and tears and I hate the idea of someone going alone! We have no problem being stand ins for a bridal party for something like that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_wedding-dress-questionnaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1a0b2857-8111-4ea9-9966-1b308210a0e5Post:69416a0c-354c-409c-b38d-1b3fd3bda61e">Re: Wedding Dress Questionnaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well this might be unorthodox but if you do want someone to come so you have opinions and a reaction to the right dress just let me know! Myself and my girls are all capable of Oohs, Aahs and tears and I hate the idea of someone going alone! We have no problem being stand ins for a bridal party for something like that!
    Posted by Rangergirl[/QUOTE]

<div>AWW thank you! I will def keep that in mind. Right now I'm just trying to figure out where to go. :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is: Jennifer
    Wedding date: 9/25/10
    Venue: my uncle's lakefront property
    My dress is: Priscilla of Boston
    I bought it from: POB store in PA
    I'm most excited about my dress because: its so unique, lots of ruffles!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is: Kim
    Wedding Date: 12/12/10
    Venue: Merion Tribute House, Merion Station, PA
    My dress is:  Demetrios ivory strapless
    I'm most excited about my dress because it:  feels like it was made for me!  I love that it makes me look and feel like a bride, and not a big marshmallow!!
    I bought it from:  Macy's Bridal Salon, Cherry Hill
    Comments:  The dress was discontinued, and I bought it last September, so I got a great deal.  While it was originally $1300, I got it for $299!!  It was actually $399 on sale, but they quoted me $100 less, and then said they would stick to their word.  Great for a bride on a budget!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards