Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

HELP with my outfits!

I am trying to plan ahead a bit (as I always do lol) and have been trying to decide what to wear to the engagement photo session. 
The photographer is a friend, and has said we can have as many outfits as we want and we are staying with her for a weekend so we have plenty of time, outfits, and locations to play with. However, I struggle to find outfits that i feel comfortable in that look good on me!
I have a really good idea what FH will wear after looking through pics of him and outfits he wears regularly that look good on him -- 1.) dark solid tshirt with jeans 2.) white button up shirt with khakis

Anyways, we are getting our photos early August in Nashville, Tennessee and I'm assuming it will be hot for any outdoor pics we take. 
I have really dark, long hair that i will wear down and straight...
Im deciding between like cute blouses with jeans or a cute dress (or both!) but i noticed I tend to wear black a lot....

anyways... that was a lot of rambling to ask for some suggestions/advice on choosing engagement photo outfits!! haha

THANKS in advanced!
Tara
Mrs. Carr Married May 27th, 2012 :)

Re: HELP with my outfits!

• Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha im SO having this same dillemma...with a lot of the same details =)

our photographer told us one casual, one dressy outfit (though we'll probably bring half our wardrobe in the car with us!) he also told us earthy tones come out better -- especially since we'll be shooting outside. he said to stay away from black and white

of course the #1 outfit i wanted to wear was a white sundress! i'm bringing it anyway just in case he lets me wear it! haha

i figured a jeans/blouse (or nice tshirt) would be good for the casual look. skirt and halter top, or dress for the formal.  i'm going to stay away from prints/patterns.

My FI looks great in the same stuff yours does! haha. so he'll probably do that.
  • Options
    cristin09cristin09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did a practice session for my shoot! I had the same dilema with picking an outfit that looked cute and sophisticated and flirty and fun and not too sexy.

I ended up doing a quick session where my FH took a couple pictures of me walking around outside (our engagement photos are outdoors) with my hair up and hair down. Then I ran back inside and changed my top or changed into a dress and he took a couple more. It's surprising how easy it made the decision. I knew right away which ones made me look fat and which were too fancy and also how my hair looked best.

If you have some time I'd suggest doing a quick run in real settings, not just looking in a mirror in a dimly lit room.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_outfits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:d06276de-91d0-42d6-ad8a-e6b5a288009bPost:c5e95268-896f-42bd-8c26-7f8516543daf">Re: HELP with my outfits!</a>:
    [QUOTE]though we'll probably bring <strong>half our wardrobe in the car</strong> with us!) 
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]

THIS is what I did! lol
    We had ours on Sunday and I decided on a semi-casual dress along with capris and a cute top. I started in the dress and that's all we got to. These sessions were a prize that I won from a bridal show so I didn't fully understand what we were able to do. I didn't want to push it because... again they were free! Anyways, I wear dresses and skirts almost everyday to work when it's nice out so I figured... I'll wear a dress since that's what I normally wear. DO NOT only bring a dress. There were times I wanted to sit normal or jump around and I just couldn't!!!! If you get one outfit, do the casual jean and cute bright shirt! =o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1 dressy
    1 casual
    1 fun

and you should be set.  Great variety!
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • Options
    TaraEli618TaraEli618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @critin09- great idea about having a practice shoot ina similar venue! I cant have it in the ACTUAL place because we are traveling to nashville for our pics and live near st louis, but i could definitely go to the park or something! :) thanks for the suggestion

and i agree with everyone else about having an outfit that is jeans/nice shirt and maybe a dress... although idk how i feel about no black or white.... i kind of love those colors haha!

Mrs. Carr Married May 27th, 2012 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards