Ohio-Northeast

Name Changing Begins tomorrow!

Hey Ladies! I am going to start the fun part of being married....changing my name tomorrow! Does anyone suggest where to start? What to wait to do? Any hep would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 
IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Name Changing Begins tomorrow!

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Name changing is really no big deal. From what I understand, you can either visit the BMV or your local Social Security office first. I did my SS card first, the waited til I had the new card in hand (a week or two later?), but I think you can use the receipt they give you at the SS office for the BMV? In any case, I got my Drivers license changed later. After you do those two, you can do the rest at your leisure. Check with your banks, credit card companies, insurance companies (medical/auto/home/etc), passport agency, etc to see what their company policies are regarding what you need to do. I remember Paypal and frequent flier accounts being the biggest PITAs of all. The rest were cake. It took me about 4 months, I think, to get everything switched over. Oh, and if you have any checks left in your checkbook under your maiden name, you can continue using them until they're gone (sign w/ your married name).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards