Getting in Shape
Options

One-a-Day Women's Weight Loss Vitamins?

Do you think these are worth taking?  Do taking vitamins in general help wth weight loss?
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
image 148 Are ready to party!
image 77 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: One-a-Day Women's Weight Loss Vitamins?

• Options
    I tried them - they made no difference to my weight loss, and actually made me feel a little nauseated if I didn't take them with food.  Just take a regular multi-vitamin.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    They make you pee a lot so drink LOTS of water (which you should do anyway when losing weight), and give a good caffiene boost. I don't mind them, but I bought them because they were the only Women's ones available at the time.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Vitamins generally don't work for weight loss. I would take a regular multi vitamin. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't like these when I took them I felt very nauseas.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'd recommend against it.

You should track your vitamins and minerals, see where you're lacking, and take those specific vitamins if you really want to take vitamins.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    The only "weight loss" element in these is caffeine.  If caffeine has any adverse effects on you I'd recommend against taking them.  Also, caffeine isn't really enough of a metabolic boost to cause that much weight loss on its own; you're far better off planning a workout regime to get in shape and shed some pounds.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_one-day-womens-weight-loss-vitamins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:a2da9b17-1c50-44bf-b2c2-12fc1486c1b8Post:295959f6-0921-4045-b678-2e3e970cfeac">Re: One-a-Day Women's Weight Loss Vitamins?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd recommend against it. You should track your vitamins and minerals, see where you're lacking, and take those specific vitamins if you really want to take vitamins.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

This.  J&K is wise.
  • Options
    I've taken a multi-vitamin for years and this is the only one I have ever taken that has made me so incredibly sick to my stomach.  Even after a few weeks of taking them they still continued to make me feel nauseated.  I would recommend against this.  There are plenty of other reputable companies that make quality multi-vitamins.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards