Virginia

Invitation responses

Based on your experience what percentage of invitees actually attended your wedding?  We want to limit our number of guest to 250.  However, our guest list is 267 as of last night.  We know there will be conflicts in schedule, distance restrictions and other reasons why people won't attend.  Trying to find out if their's a rule of thumb on projecting how many will actually attend.  Thanks in advance.

Re: Invitation responses

• edited December 2011
    I thought the normal assumption was 20% will respond no.  

We are inviting mostly people who would go so we just went through our guest list and labelled everyone a "definite" (close fam, people who already told us, WP) a "maybe" or a "probably not."  See what your numbers look like then and compare to the 20% rule maybe?  Our numbers were easier to do that with though- we're inviting 167. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would expect 10-15% to not come. That said, I would caution you to make sure that you have budget and space for the max number that you invite. We're maxing out the room on our invite number, but I'm expecting to be able to cut out a table, which will give us a bit more space and flexibility with the set up. So plan for 100% attendence, but expect at least a handful to not attend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards