Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandal's Dunn's River vs. El Dorado Royale Casitas

Hi. 

Our TA recommended Dunn's River and also the Casitas in Cancun. We are having a hard time choosing. Any rants/raves for either of these? TIA!

Re: Sandal's Dunn's River vs. El Dorado Royale Casitas

• Options
    My hubby and I went to Dunn's River in Sept.  I can't speak for the other place you are considering but we were sort of bored at Dunn's River.  The beach is really small and we felt "trapped" when we were there.  If you are looking for long walks on the beach, you will be disappointed....one end to the other takes 3 minutes or so.  And we felt limited with our food choices - same buffet restaurant for breakfast every morning and limited lunch options.  Dinner wasn't too bad, but again only 4 dinner choices as well.  The only plus side is that you can take a free shuttle to Sandal's Grande Ocho Rios and eat at all of their restaurants as well.  The weather was beautiful, but if you are looking for a variety of activities this is not the place for you.  If you are looking to be beach bums,though, and not be too active, then I would recommend Dunn's River.  Although by 10-11pm most nights, the place was pretty beat; not a huge nightlife scene, as our TA told us!!  Smile
  • Options
    El Dorado Royal Casitas HANDS DOWN!!!!!  Don't think twice about booking at this resort because you're going to absolutely LOVE it!
  • Options
    Gonna have to second the El Dorado Royale. Voted one of the Top Ten Resorts for 2008. My brother and sister-in-law went there for their honeymoon, and have had nothing but excellent things to say. My fiance and I wanted to go there, but its out of our budget. If you can afford it, book it. You will not regret it one bit. HTH.
  • Options
    On the flip side, we loved Dunns River.  We are going back in March.  We are active people who got involved in the games, played tennis,as well as just layed on the beach.  I do reccomend  a higher room catagory, one of the concierge.  It is a smaller, quieter resort, but we loved that for our honeymoon!
  • Options
    El Dorado has NO beach!  I know this as I was there 2 years ago!   We did Sandals Antigua for our HM and LOVED it!
    If Dunn's is not the right fit, try looking at another Sandals. 
  • Options
    We were married at El Dorado Royale and we could have not asked for a better resort. Everything about it was better than I couls have ever expected. The casitas are for sure the best rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards