Ohio-Columbus
Options

Recommending Jacobus Photography!!!!

We used this amazingly talented couple for our wedding photography. I don't think anyone could have done a more amazing job! The shots were astounding, beautiful, and contemporary. We has so much fun with them before the wedding, and it really showed in our photos! It amazes me how artistic and professional Jacobus Photography is. From the moment we consulted them months before our wedding until the very last shots taken @ the reception, they were easygoing, professional, EXTREMELY timely, fun, and flexible. Overly satisfied with every shot they took. Since our wedding, they have taken newborn and family pictures also! If you live in Ohio, this is definitely the photographer for your wedding!!!

Re: Recommending Jacobus Photography!!!!

• Options
    meganlynn425meganlynn425 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What was the price range, and what all was included? Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I'm sure they do great work, but are there any other vendors that you might recommend as well from your wedding? 
    A lot of people come on here as vendors looking to advertise for themselves, and based on your not listing an SO name in your bio and that you only have one post total since joining, I'd say a lot of brides will think of this as a vendor post or a vendor telling a bride to post for them, and actually turns people off from the business... 
    If you prove some credibility, others are much less skepitcal.  Just sayin'.
  • Options
    jo08beachjo08beach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I am a registered nurse and my husband of a year and a half is a firefighter. We tend to be a private couple, so I apologize if it seemed minimal... but def not a vendor post! Lol I just had a friend (bride) mention how hard it is to find/book photographers... and I am normally posting on The Bump, so I thought I'd switch over to post about this photogrpaher since I have used them multiple times.
    I am not totally sure what all their prices are, but the minimum is $2000 for 6 hours and lots of high def/resolution (whatever it's called) pictures. I know that because I purchased the same.
    I think a lot of their info is on their blog, we check it out a lot because a lot of our friends and co-workers have used them also and we can see their pictures on there!:) Hope that helps everyone!?!     www.jacobusphoto.com/blog
  • Options
    jo08beachjo08beach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ALKO726- . If you looked through my photos, I have 7 of them from my wedding:) Just because I didn't share lots of other info doesn't mean I didn't get married.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha -- I didn't say you didn't, and I certainly believe you.  :)  Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you in any way!  I'm usually not one of the skeptics because I've seen a lot of innocent brides get attacked on other boards as well.  I don't get on here as often anymore, but when I do, I usually see other knotties criticizing who they believe are "vendors" since they're not allowed to post here.  A lot of those posts that they tend to comment about are ones just like yours, so I wanted to throw the idea out there (nicely), so you could help your own credibility.

Benjamin James Photography was one of my favorites when I first started looking around for photographers in Columbus, and I know he's WONDERFUL!  Not too long ago, he asked a few brides to help his business grow by just sharing their thoughts about him on the Knot (he knows it helps!), but as soon as the girls started to recommend (writing almost exactly what you wrote as their first post), other girls reported them left and right thinking that it wasn't ethical.  They were all real brides, but his business was reflected somewhat poorly because of a few honest recommendations, and those brides eventually deleted their posts because they felt slighted.

I obviously don't stalk people's bios and things, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.  :)  Others on the larger boards always suggest reviewing other vendors as well to help brides feel better about what they're reading.

Congrats, and again, I'm sorry if it offended you in any way.  Just tryin' to help.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards