Missouri-St Louis

City Mesuem and a new bride= a bad idea all together.

I'm looking at getting married late next year or early 2012.  We want our reception to take place at the City Mesuem.  Has anyone had their reception there lately? If so how did you like it and who was your caterer?  I really want a fun wedding that is not so formal so I would like stations with fun St louis foods as my fI 's family is from Omaha.  I would mind having the tradional food with even Gus' and cheese after the dinner.  I am lost and I don't know where to start. 
Thanks to all you ladies for your imput. 

Re: City Mesuem and a new bride= a bad idea all together.

• edited December 2011
    We looked into it and wanted stations as well, but we ended up going with Palladium instead.  When I was looking into the companies on City Museum's preferred caterer list, a lot of the stations menus seemed like they were really just buffets.  Hollyberry catering offers stations and is on the preferred catering list, however they were terrible to work with and still haven't gotten me a quote (which I requested about two months ago). I hope you have better luck than I did!
  • edited December 2011
    I was sold on city museum however I didn't want my guests to leave my reception to look around the whole museum which they have access to.
  • aeperez80aeperez80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered the City Museum for our reception and eventually decided against it after talking with a few wedding planners (3 different planners).  They all said the cost always goes up with this venue because they only have 1 (very old) freight elevator that all the vendors have to use.  This adds a lot more $$ to the total cost that isn't alread accounted for because it takes more time to setup.  We were also concerned with the noise.  Of course they say you can't hear the musuem guests but we weren't so sure....

If you looking for something different then you should look at the Planetarium.  The price is about the same and you wouldn't have to worry about your guests leaving.   
  • SLUmagpieSLUmagpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was my sorority's social chair in college and did a formal at City Museum one year.  It was a mega hit.  Good advice above, but at least for what we used it for, it was awesome.  We considered it for our wedding too, but wound up going with Mad Art:)  Good luck!!
  • PrinzeslinzPrinzeslinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies but I need more info.  My soon to be's family is from Omaha and I want to so them the 'Best of STL". I don't know what to do. 
  • Cipolla2BeCipolla2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check into the History Museum in Forest Park.  It has a trendy feel and the weddings I have attended there were very nice and "different".  Just a thought.
  • ashmady11123ashmady11123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Jewel Box at Forest Park - or the Hilton Ballpark downtown.  For the creme de la Creme, do the Chase Park Plaza.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards