April 2012 Weddings
Options

Is this typical?

I sent the majority of my invites out a week ago.  Our RSVP deadline is March 29.  There were about 100 mailed, and 22 have said they are coming.  I have had a few no's.  Is this typical? 

Re: Is this typical?

• Options
    I sent ours out 2 weeks ago and we've only gotten 32 responses (about a dozen cards) out of 160 people (or 60 cards)! IDK what takes people so long, lol! I'm assuming this is normal as people get busy in their lives and forget to put them in the mail... that's what I'm telling myself anyways! I excect 98% of the people to come that we invited so I'm not too worried.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure what you're asking? Are you asking is it typical to have this many/few replies so soon? This many yes/nos? Either way, not sure if it's typical, but you've got 3 weeks! I'm sure you'll get more replies as the date draws nearer. As long as you budgeted and planned for 100% attendance, you'll be fine. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    We sent our invites out super early (3 months before wedding) so that we could get a realistic number before we set our final menu.  (Essentially, we'll upgrade to full open bar if we get the number of declines that we expect.)

In the first two weeks we got back the most basic yeses (our families and wedding party) and a few nos.  But it has taken a surprisingly long time for us to get cards from people that we absolutely know are or are not coming.

Like PP, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, but I am not at all surprised that you have only gotten a quarter of your replies in the first two weeks.
  • Options
    Our final count is due to the venue on the 20th (of March) so our RSVPs are due this Saturday.  I can tell you we've got at least 40ish people unaccounted for...thats at least 20 invites.  Saturday...we'll prob be on the phone most of the day, calling friends and family.  I've called a few friends this week to see what they were thinking - the way I look at it, if they haven't booked a plane ticket by now...they're prob not coming (ours is a destination wedding in FL). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our RSVPs are due on the 15th, which is early, but we did that on purpose because I need a pretty accurate head count one month before the wedding for both the venue and caterer, and I wanted to have time to try and track down the non-RSVPers, because I knew who was going to "forget" to send their isht in.  And so far, I'm right.  There's about 40/110 people who have not RSVPed yet, and they are exactly who I thought they would be. 

I hope that helps. People just procastinate and can't take 60 seconds to fill out an RSVP card and drop it in the mail.  I wouldn't worry too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    We sent out about 80 invites and have only received half of them back. At this point, of the 120 people we are expecting only 62 have responded with a yes. Our invitations had a deadline of March 11th for a response, and that's this Sunday! I don't know what's the hold up... hopefully more will come in soon. :)
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the worst at responding to things so I can't complain about others.  I was a bridesmaid in two weddings last year...neither of which I sent the card back on.  I just plain forget.  My friends laughed because they apparently didn't even put a stamp on mine because they knew I wouldn't remember. 

I should mention, I'm not an a-hole on purpose, but i commute almost 4 hours a day and work 10 hour shifts and my mail gets opened, set on a table, and often forgotten about for weeks at a time.
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I am still waiting on 110 responses (so about 60 cards) back and the deadline is April 1.  I sent mine out in February, like the second week.
    It is mainly FI family who hasn't responded.  And friends.

People have come to me and said they've lost it...I don't know, but I would think people could be responsible enough to stick something important on the refrigerator so that it wouldn't get lost...

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    As of today we are at 63 of 150 with a March 20 deadline.  Gee whiz.  :/  C'mon folks-check the little box on the little card, and put the little card in the mailbox already!!
  • Options
    its typical for people to wait until last minute. A good plan is if you dont hear from people to make calls the day after the deadline so that you can confirm. nothing worse than people not responding and showing up and you didn't pay for them to be there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards