Wisconsin

A Sad day in Law Enforcement

I was very sad to hear this morning that we lost a Fond du Lac officer in the line of duty. Officer Craig Birkholz, 28, was shot while responding to a sexual Assault call.

With my Fiance and many good friends being in Law Enforcement, for something like this to happen so close to home it really brings me back to reality about the career my fiance is in. So scary. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers remain with the Birkholz family, friends, and department, as well asd the other officers hurt while on the scene.

Take an extra moment today to remind your loved ones you love them!

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/118323159.html

Re: A Sad day in Law Enforcement

• edited December 2011
    My FI is also a police officer so I understand where you are coming from.  My thoughts and prayers to all famlies.
  • Samantha8604Samantha8604 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This happened 2 blocks from my house. You always think that things like this will not happened in your town. It really makes you realize that each day is a gift.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thoughts and Prayers to those in the Fondy area.

September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How sad.  We have friends who are officers and I must say, they, and their families are strong folks. 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
     It has been a sad year so far for law enforcement. I work with police at the local jail so it's always sad hearing about a law enforcement death. Working along with the police and having friends who are police officers, I always worry when they go on calls or have to deal with criminals.  Always keep law enforcement  in your thoughts as they are always putting their lives on the line to protect us. Praying for Officer Birkholz and Officer Williams' families and friends as well as K9 Grundel who was also hurt during this altercation.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_sad-day-law-enforcement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:a4c59233-cc11-4c8a-8923-fbceb8db747cPost:dab5eb11-b827-45b2-861d-ad9cac3a94e6">Re: A Sad day in Law Enforcement</a>:
    [QUOTE]This happened 2 blocks from my house. You always think that things like this will not happened in your town. It really makes you realize that each day is a gift.
    Posted by Samantha8604[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We must live close! I was only several blocks away as well. My mom was supposed to close on her house 2 days before, but thankfully she had postponed it a week, she would have been evacuated from her new home otherwise.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards