Rhode Island
Options

Boudoir Shoot - What to wear??

Sorry for the double post, ladies!:)

Ok, so I am doing a boudoir shoot this weekend... I haven't let myself think about it too much because I didn't want to get nervous, but now we're down for the count! eek!

I checked out previous threads on this subject, but I couldn't find much on what to wear... I'm wondering if anyone has ideas?  Sports jerseys.. what else?  Is it full-blown lingerie?  Bras and underwear?  Help!

I think I am going to get my hair and makeup done... And maybe down a bottle of champagne as well lol!

Re: Boudoir Shoot - What to wear??

• Options
    Karen G.Karen G. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it really depends on what you are comfortable with.

I am doing Melissa Robotti's marathon session in June. I am bringing a couple of outfits.

1. Black blazer with black bra, panties and stockings & black high heels
    Like this: http://www.melissarobotti.com/blog/?p=582
    2. Basic white lingerie with my silver glitter heels and white fascinator

3. One of his old button downs that I'm getting tailored to fit better to me with one of the heels
    4. Tank top and short shorts

I figure I'll start mostly clothed and work my way down to partial nudes if I've drank enough liquor to be comfortable with it. I say go with what you feel secure in and bring several options. Your photographer is going to know what works best for your figure and will guide you along the way. Most of my stuff I already own, but they'll just be presented in new (and exciting!) ways. And I think that will be a turn on for my husband-to-be. I'm not decking out in wild stuff that I never actually use, you know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had three mimosas before my shoot--feel free to indulge to loosen up but not too much or else the sloppiness with show in the pictures.

I brought some "fundies" (fun underwear), a couple of bras, and some corset type tops. I brought one of his buttondown shirts which came out cute.

Basically, bring whatever makes you feel good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I brought about 3 different sexy nighties from VS, 2 of his favorite sports jerseys, one of his button down shirts and tie, my favorite apron, my favorite flannel PJs with little pink dogs on them and a couple of bra and panty sets. I also brought lots of long necklaces that came out gorgeous when I was playing with them. My favorite shots are the bra and panty ones, they are hot! Have fun :) it's amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I agree w/ PP... after giving the DH the book he said his favorite was the one in the Patriots jersey... he also likes video games so i brought a PS3 controller and like a ribbed tank and wee lil shorts, those were cute too...   really whatever you feel comfortable in... fun heels are good too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yep, i agree with pp. you can wear whatever makes you feel good and sexy! i had some bra/panty sets and some cami/panty sets, a corset, one of his button down shirts and ties and a tank top/panty set. i also really recommend getting your hair and makeup if you can swing it...it made me feel so glamorous!
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bring stuff that you fee comfortable in

I brought about 7 outfits and I feel like I looked better in the ones I felt better in. In the ones I didn't...i feel like you can totally tell

don't forget good shoes...those made some of my shots.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards