Virginia
Options

Outdoor ceremony/indoor reception anywhere in VA

I am recently engaged and having a hard time finding the perfect venue. I'm looking for an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception that can accomodate 150, with beautiful views (nature, mountains, lake, etc.). I am willing to go anywhere in VA or MD and would really appreciate any ideas!

Re: Outdoor ceremony/indoor reception anywhere in VA

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi Girl,
    I found the perfect venue in virginia beach and they include all the ceremony, reception, and all the vendors too...I looked everywhere in DC and everything was soo expensive and overbooked. Anyways, these guys will give you a really good price.

check out thier website at:   www.primoevents.net

Good Luck,
    Danielle

• Options
    tei1985tei1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Inn at Warner Hall in Gloucester VA (warnerhall.com)  Its a B&B on an amazing piece of property!  I'm not completely sure on the layout for a completely inside reception, but this place is worth taking a look at if an outside tent would be "inside enough"!
  • Options
    erinries2erinries2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is at Belmont Country Club in Ashburn (Northern VA)  The ceremony is in front of an old plantation house, and the reception is in the new ballroom attached to the back of the house.  I looooove it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you should check out smith mountain lake area it is beautiful and i found this site:

good luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine at Wedmore Place/ The WIlliamsburg Winery: outdoor ceremony, indoor reception. Another option would be Thorpewood in MD: http://www.thorpewood.org/venue/welcome.html
    image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    klsnyder84klsnyder84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you think you would like a lakeside ceremony with a mountain view check out Mariners Landing at Smith Mountain Lake in Huddleston.  The wedding coordinator there is great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Algonkian State Park in Sterling VA has a nice place you can have the ceremony outside but the reception is inside at their meeting center.  It overlooks a golf course.  Considered it but when with another location because the date wasn't available.
  • Options
    jerseyinvajerseyinva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Mariners Landing at Smith Mtn Lake in Huddleston, Va. It was gorgeous.
  • Options
    slcinvaslcinva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fords Colony Country Club in Williamsburg, VA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check into massanutten resort... Bethany Frye is awesome...i plan to be married there but have had to push the wedding back a yr due to our finances at this time....room rental is reasonable and food prices too
  • Options
    lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Veritas Winery (www.veritaswines.com). They have a gorgeous view of the blueridge mountains with vineyards in the foreground and a reception hall that can easily accommodate 150 people.
  • Options
    jon_ellejon_elle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In total agreement: The Algonkian State Park, is awesome. It was way too far out for me and also was not large enough for my group. Wineries are also a great option.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards