Favors
Options

chocolate covered pretzels

Has anyone used chocolate covered pretzels for favors? I think the idea is cute (with a "we tied the knot" tag) but I'm worried about the chocolate melting. Has this been a problem for anyone?

Re: chocolate covered pretzels

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea. And melting would depend on what time your getting married.

I'm from Mn too, we are planning on December. We are doing a birch bark type thing. So I'm going to do those big pretzel sticks dipped in white chocolate with a dark chocolate drizzle to look like birch bark.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like chocolate covered pretzels and eat them even if they are melted.  I think it's a cute idea and just keep them in a cooler with some ice until you are ready to put them out. 

And if it is hot enough at your venue to melt chocolate, then people may be pretty miserable and you should find ways to keep them cool.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it an outdoor wedding? If not and your reception is air conditioned, after you get done doing the favors, just keep them in a cool dry place like the fridge or a basement if you have one.
  • Options
    Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered a bag of the pretzels to try. I put some in a baggie to try to figure out what size cellophane bag to order. When I was toying with the pretzels through the bag, they started to melt a bit from the contact with my fingers through the bag. I'm just worried since they seem to melt so easily! I don't want to go through all the work and then have them melt and look messy. The website I ordered them through said not to refrigerate them...I'm assuming they would sweat after being cooled like that? Our reception is indoors and air conditioned.

Anyway, it's probably just paranoia but I thought I'd check to see if anyone had used them.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It could depend on the chocolate you are using too.  Semi-sweet chocolate chips are designed to melt and be soft inside cookies.  Wilton chocolate is designed to melt and harden in the shape of something.  Try that.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think thats a great idea, and i would love that as a favor from a wedding! is your wedding outside? i wouldnt worry about them melting unless your wedding is completely outside. otherwise, you will be inside, right?
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards