Canada

GTKY Monday

Congrats to all the 2010 brides - we are all married!  Coming up are the 2011 brides - you must be getting excited!  To the 2012 girls - enjoy the planning and know you have lots of time to get things just right!  With that said, let's think about resolutions and upcoming plans!

1. Any plans for New Years Eve?
2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year?
3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011?
4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011?

Re: GTKY Monday

• edited December 2011
    1. Any plans for New Years Eve? Possibly preparty at our new house (we get possession that day!) then cabaret at my hometown (our new house is the town over from my hometown)

2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year? The common "Get into better shape"...got a lot of pictures I need to look good for! ;-)
    3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011? Besides wedding planning?   Not really

4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011? Moving into our new home, and our girls weekend bachelorette party!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Any plans for New Years Eve? Perhaps getting together with friends - it's always a last-minute thing.  I'm not a big "new years" celebrator, but if nothing else, I'll drink champagne and eat appetizers for dinner with DH!
    2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year? Keeping in better touch with friends (I just saw friends this weekend I hadn't seen since the wedding), eating healthier, doing more of the cooking (DH cooks always, I microwave), adding more interesting activities to some of my more boring teaching lessons
    3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011? Working out - I did a really good job last year until September, and now I only go about once a week, so I want to continue keeping active - more for my health than anything else.  I also want to keep organizing pictures and making albums.  I just made one of all the pre-wedding festivities and it was very fun!
    4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011? Moving into and decorating our new house in February, and our trip to Europe in August (Mediterranean cruise, plus London and Paris after)
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Party at my buddy's house

I want to go down 2 sizes. And have more hanky panky with FBD;)

My weight loss journey.

CUBA!!! Seriously, it's not til November and I'm already dreaming about it.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    None. Probably staying in with a fire and movies.

Nope. I usually forget by mid january anyways. I'd like to keep in touch with my family and friends more.

Keep up the P90x

The honeymoon! lol
    Another addition to my sisters family :)
    another addition to FI's brothers family
    My best friends first baby.
    My cousins wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_gtky-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:f75b9f69-8cf8-4ad6-a911-75d5e4a03662Post:6798e636-9272-41c1-a395-c4a211fc0a68">Re: GTKY Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Any plans for New Years Eve? Party at my buddy's house 2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year? I want to go down 2 sizes. And have more hanky panky with FBD;) 3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011? My weight loss journey. 4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011? <strong>CUBA!!! Seriously, it's not til November and I'm already dreaming about it.
    </strong>Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Cuba is so beautiful!!! We went to Veradero. Took a tour to Havana. Loved it down there.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_gtky-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:f75b9f69-8cf8-4ad6-a911-75d5e4a03662Post:ff720ae8-6a78-4ccf-84c5-f34f7c5b6a46">Re: GTKY Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GTKY Monday : Cuba is so beautiful!!! We went to Veradero. Took a tour to Havana. Loved it down there.
    Posted by mcdol3[/QUOTE]
    I LOVE it there! 8 of us went down in March of this year for a family vacation (Me, FI, mom,dad, sister, aunt, brother and brother's BFF) and we LOVED it.  We stayed in Varadero as well...took the tour of Havana and now I can't wait to go back.  I'm seeing palm trees in my dreams! lol <div>
    </div><div>Where did you stay?  I'm looking for good honeymoon recs.</div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_gtky-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:f75b9f69-8cf8-4ad6-a911-75d5e4a03662Post:1ecdf880-6ce4-48fc-ac31-9aa95a8e66df">Re: GTKY Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GTKY Monday : I LOVE it there! 8 of us went down in March of this year for a family vacation (Me, FI, mom,dad, sister, aunt, brother and brother's BFF) and we LOVED it.  We stayed in Varadero as well...took the tour of Havana and now I can't wait to go back.  I'm seeing palm trees in my dreams! lol  <strong>Where did you stay?</strong>  I'm looking for good honeymoon recs.
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

We stayed at the Iberostar. I was 16 when we went, and a very picky eater. I never had any problem finding anything to eat. I know that's a concern for a lot of people that go there. Our food was great. The hotel had been hit with a hurricane a few weeks before we went so the beach bar was destroyed, but everything else was awesome. Great pool too.
    edited December 2011
    The Iberostar is one I've heard a lot of good things about.  We got upgraded this year and ended up at the Paradisus.  It was WONDERFUL.  Great pool, great beach, good food...

Murried Bio
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Any plans for New Years Eve?  We haven't made them yet.  Either a chill evening at my sister and BIL's or we'll go out with friends.

2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year?  Not really a new year's resolution, but I've resolved to be better about studying next term.  This exam period was NOT fun and I'm not really excited at the prospect of repeating it shortly before the wedding, when I'll have so many other stressors.

3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011?  No.

4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011?  The birth of my niece!!!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_gtky-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:f75b9f69-8cf8-4ad6-a911-75d5e4a03662Post:ce75333a-d140-4893-8265-1e0865c57ad0">Re: GTKY Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011? Moving into and decorating our new house in February, and our trip to Europe in August (Mediterranean cruise, plus London and Paris after)
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]
    I'm so jealous!  I really wanted to do a mediterranean cruise for our HM, but there won't be enough time after the wedding - I start work a week after.  So we're saving and hopefully we'll be able to do it for our one year anniversary.

Also, I didn't realize you had bought a house.  Congrats!  That must be so exciting! :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lalap - yes - we are very lucky.  The cruise itself is with DH's family (mom, dad, sister, brother and his gf) and is our Christmas present.  We have to pay for our flights and any other places we want to travel (Paris, London, and perhaps Rome if the cruise doesn't take us there - won't know until next weekend).  This trip has been planned for a while so we have been saving.  Yes, we bought a house and are moving in February.  Also have been saving for a long time, lol.  It's always something to save for, but we are blessed to be able to have all these new experiences together!
  • echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Any plans for New Years Eve?  Just hanging out at a friends house, dinner and drinks with some close friends
    2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year? make a better effort to stay in touch with family....I live near none except Fis family so just calling my family more often (extended family included) would be good
    3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011?  working out! I have started to do this more often and it feels so good!  I just hope that once the wedding passes in May that I stick to it....since the wedding is the motivation this may happen...luckily FI loves work out and can motivate me! 
    4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011? My first cruise! While I wish it was Mediterranean it is not! We are going island hopping including St. Lucia, our original HM destination (we are doing Jamaica).  The trip is for FIs parents 30th Wedding Anniversary. The only problem is that they are hoping to go in the fall...which if I am in teachers college could be a problem. FIs uncle who used to teach at teachers college told me the best times to go so we'll see. Im nervous about it....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Any plans for New Years Eve?We just made some today, a couple that we are close with are coming over and then we might go over to the neighbours for a little and come home, DH works at 7 the next day, plus its an hour commute. 2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year?Not to cut my hair.. Its the longest it has been since I was 14 and I'm growing it out to donate to Angel Hair for Kids or some kind of hair for children program. 3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011?:) The hair thing. 4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011?But DH and I will be taking a trip to NFLD to see his Nan in May.. Yay!!And then after that, late August, I will be planning on cutting my hair and hopefully buying a bird to celebrate (odd I know)
    image Married and Junk.
  • shaunachrisshaunachris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Any plans for New Years Eve?Probably going to London...I've lived in England for 4 years but have never been around for NewYear's Eve2. Any resolutions for the upcoming year?Nothing really - I'm a teacher so I tend to make my resolutions in September!3. Anything you started in 2010 and want to continue in 2011?My fiance and I are planning to move back to Canada at some point in 2011 (hopefully August) so preparing for that is our main priority4. What are you most looking forward to (besides the wedding) in 2011?Moving home. My Fiance is currently going through the process of applying for permanent residency in Canada (Quebec). Fingers crossed it all goes well. He's English but I think he's just as excited as I am to be moving back across the pond!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards