Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Tea

My mom is a widow in her sixties and is getting remarried.  I am having a bridal tea for her instead of a shower, and she has requested donations to her favorite charity in lieu of gifts.  The party is 3 hours long....aside from eating, what will we do the whole time?  Should I have something planned in case it gets boring?  She's too old for the typical shower party games.....
any ideas would be appreciated.

Re: Bridal Tea

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Treat them like the adults that they are.  They know how to chat, mingle, catch up, and socialize over refreshments that will be served at the tea.

I don't like games at showers for "20-something" brides.  I don't see a need for them at all.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    bdulli13bdulli13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a bridal shower for the fiance of (wait for it) my fiance's brother in law's brother. It was lovely... until we got to the awkward game of "How Well Do You Know the Bride".

I was meeting her for the first time that day (I was being included since we are going to be extended in laws-- the families are very close. Fiance's sister married his best friend.) Raising my hand to say I got one question right (because I guessed) was mortifying.

The only thing worse is the game where they ask questions about how well the Bride knows the Groom. Inevitably, he wakes up that morning and decides he likes pizza better than spaghetti, and Chevy's better than Ford's, and she looks like a jerk.

No matter how old you are, those games stink. Ditto PP-- let them be grown ups. If you're seriously concerned about conversation, put together a photo collage or album with your mom full of conversation starting photos of her and those friends and her and her fiance, and just leave it where people can see it. People will take their cues-- they have been doing this long enough.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards