Not Engaged Yet
Options

Rant/Vent

Certain people who refuse to read and/or acknowledge emails are dumb. It is freaking 2012. You own a smart phone that you talk about nonstop. Telling me you don't read emails on your phone makes me want to refuse to read your texts. Then tell you about how I don't read texts on my phone when I ask you questions about stuff you texted me about. Makes no freaking sense.

How are you?

Re: Rant/Vent

• Options
    My dad calls texts phone e-mails. Well he used to until he got a phone where he can check his e-mail.

People are super frustrating. I've been waiting since May to hear if I got a research assistant position with the comm. grad. department. How long does it take to make a decision! I don't think that many people even applied!

• Options
    Thank you, beth. grrr people!

Have you followed up with them?
  • Options
    I sent them an e-mail in mid-June and they said they hadn't made a decision. I sent another one yesterday but no word yet. But I think it will take a while to hear back this time because I think the guy I e-mailed is out of the country.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_rantvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:756a8e6e-4ba9-4d15-9158-332656610444Post:b1c2a490-cffc-42a0-ae49-9c9432db3929">Re: Rant/Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sent them an e-mail in mid-June and they said they hadn't made a decision. I sent another one yesterday but no word yet. But I think it will take a while to hear back this time because I think the guy I e-mailed is <strong>out of the country</strong>.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

That is a good excuse. I'd assume leaving the country would tie one up a bit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_rantvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:756a8e6e-4ba9-4d15-9158-332656610444Post:a7dbf31a-8220-42d1-b189-4c24bf6ce567">Rant/Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Certain people who refuse to read and/or acknowledge emails are dumb. It is freaking 2012. You own a smart phone that you talk about nonstop. Telling me you don't read emails on your phone makes me want to refuse to read your texts. Then tell you about how I don't read texts on my phone when I ask you questions about stuff you texted me about. Makes no freaking sense. How are you?
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you happen to be friends with my cousins and trying to get ahold of them?  Because they are just like you describe.  The best is when they go "oh yeah I read that" and that's that.  Or "I read it, what did you want me to respond with?"  (This was in response to an email I sent them about my new life/job in NY.  I was just trying to keep in touch.  Jeeze.)</div><div>
    </div><div>I just sent them an email about coming to visit me (a plan we all agreed on already).  Let's see how many respond.  So far, it's been 4 hours and no one has yet.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_rantvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:756a8e6e-4ba9-4d15-9158-332656610444Post:0337a458-0fb3-498a-9b1a-8c99fd1e6d61">Re: Rant/Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rant/Vent : Do you happen to be friends with my cousins and trying to get ahold of them?  Because they are just like you describe.  The best is when they go "oh yeah I read that" and that's that.  Or "I read it, what did you want me to respond with?" <strong> (This was in response to an email I sent them about my new life/job in NY.  I was just trying to keep in touch.  Jeeze.) </strong>I just sent them an email about coming to visit me (a plan we all agreed on already).  Let's see how many respond.  So far, it's been 4 hours and no one has yet.
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

lol

And exactly. What about this "oh I don't read beyond the first 5 emails." Oh sorry. Was our email conversation in which we needed your input because we were deciding things for you, not important enough to at least read?? How about when you asked for the decision which was sitting your inbox on email 8 or whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards