Virginia

Vendor recaps Hampton Roads

It's been almost 3 weeks since my wedding and I thought I'd share some vendor info. 

Transportation - Mike at High Life Limo.  Really nice guy and when it snowed on my wedding day he called me to say he was bringing the excursion limo instead. 

Photographer - I love love love my pictures!!!  Justin Hankins is awesome. I will get some posted soon. His website is Justinhankins.com.  He is also a really nice guy and easy to work with.  He isn't cheap, but what else do you have after it's all over, pictures.

Venue/caterer - The Lesner Inn.  They were great to work with and extreemly helpful in getting all the details taken care of.  Thanks Lauren!  I didn't taste the food before hand but it was all so delicious.  Even my pastor was still talking about the bacon wrapped scallops the next day in church.

Invitations - Sharon at Live Love Paper in Norfolk.  I ordered from a book but she helped me find one that I could totaly customize to my wedding colors.

Coordinator ; Style events - they did a great job coordinating and keeping me on schedule even months before the wedding.  They also helped me get all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  When it came to decorating the reception they really fell flat.  I was very dissapointed.  To top it off when I expressed my dissatisfaction the owner did not call to talk to me.  Then I sent an email and she did not respond to that either. I guess once you're gone you're gone.

Almost forgot Flowers!!! Turpins in Norfolk was so helpful to work with.  The flowers were beautiful and fresh and smelled wonderful.  Jay even did a mock up of the centerpieces before I signed a contract - oh and no consultation fee. He was cheaper than one of the wholesale places too.   

Band - Strictly Bizzness.  If you can afford a band these guys are fantastic.  Can't tell you how many people came up to me asking where I found these guys.   They even learned 2 country songs for us (they are not a country band).  They have a website. thebizz1.com You can check them out at a local bar or club.

Hope this is helpful.

Re: Vendor recaps Hampton Roads

• courtnikocourtniko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting the vendor recap!  I already have all of my vendors at this point, but I know that earlier on in the planning these were really helpful!

I hope that you had an amazing wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I have uploaded pics to my prifile. Hope I did it right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards