Christian Weddings
Options

QOTW - Week of 2/27 - Save The Dates

Okay ladies - are you doing save the dates (or did you do them)?  If so, what format did you use?  Postcards?  Magnets?  Other?  When did you/will you send them out?

Bonus points for PIP!

Re: QOTW - Week of 2/27 - Save The Dates

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married on Columbus day weekend which was also peak fall foliage so we were concerned about people being able to reserve hotel rooms if they were going to stay (everyone came from at least an hour away).  So we did STDs to most of our guests.  I originally made magnets and didn't like them so I did postcards instead.  I mailed them in an envelope since I used both sides of the postcard and there wasn't room for an address.  

I did them on Vistaprint and including envelopes, it was about $25 for 100, I think.  We mailed them about 6 months prior to the wedding.

Here is a picture.  The front was a picture of the chapel where we were married and the back had the details.

• Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011

My SIL is a graphic designer and graciously offered to design them and my invites too!

The picture is of FI and I taken by my sister the day he proposed. It is a card that we sent in an envelope.

The top blacked out areas are my name & his name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, those are great looking STD's!  We actually aren't doing them.  We've emailed / called everyone who is OOT so they'll know.  WOM (word of mouth) is pretty powerful with our guests.  I had never even HEARD of save-the-dates until coming on to TK, and have never received one.  Well, I just got one a few weeks ago from one of my BM's who is getting married a mere 5 weeks before our wedding.  So I've received one, I guess!  :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We did magnets through Vistaprint. A portion of 1 Corinthians 13 is around the edge.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    emily - sooo cute!!

aggie - i ADORE that picture!!! soo creative and cute!

me and FI aren't doing std i dont think. we wanted to have pictures go with them....but our recent pic was about 6 months ago and its not that great. lol. when we gets home it will be only 3 months prior to the wedding...and its to late to send STD. so we aren't going to do them..since our engagement is so short. 

but i wish! cuz they are soo cute! we are going to take engagement pics right when he gets home and then send a picture with our invites. 
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks amongthelillies :-)  The basis behind getting me on campus to propose (and dressed nice) was based on an Aggie picture that we were mimicing.  I loved the way it turned out, and it made a lot of my family (who know nothing about the Aggies) really curious about the picture ;o) 

The full proposal is on my knot bio along with the a picture of the original painting if for some reason you are interested!

I wouldn't worry about Save The Dates.  They cost money!  I wouldnt have done them except 95% of the guests are OOT and most are out of state so I felt they would be a nice courtesy for them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011
    oh and among the lillies have you seen the invites where its like a B&W picture with a piece of thick vellum over it. All the info is on the vellum and the picture barely shows through.  Does that make sense? We got one once and I thought it was really cute.  Just an idea for sending out a picture in the invite :-)
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    I think we're doing them even though FI doesn't see the point. ;) Probably going to do magnets...and I can't wait to start designing them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out, oh gosh, November 26th or December 3rd or something lol.

I made ours at home before I decided on VistaPrint for everything else - so they looked not so great lol. 

I can't find a picture - but it was postcard size, blue paper, with a wallet size photo of FI and I at the top left and the bottom, with our names and date I believe - and it said invitation to follow.  :)  Here's the photos we used:

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are all so cute! 

We did bookmarks. Our wedding theme is "Our Love Story" and so it is all about love books, so we figured a bookmark was the perfect lead into the theme. Something different, too. My BM's sister-in-law is a graphic designer and she is awesome and I LOVE our save-the-dates! Don't have a pic right now. One day when it's not so late, I will take one and show you if you want. 
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do them.  Back in the day, it wasn't as much of a trend and people really only did it for destination weddings, weddings over a popular or holiday weekend, or for OOT guests.  Since our OOT guests were also close family/friends, we just called or emailed them to let them know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards