Michigan-Grand Rapids

English Hills Terrace

Has anyone here used English Hills Terrace on West River Drive in Comstock Park or know anyone that has? My fiancee and I are really considering this spot for our ceremony and reception and wondered if anyone out there has any experience here. Thanks!

Re: English Hills Terrace

• edited December 2011
    I am having my At Home Celebration party at the location on 4 mile.  My friend had her reception at the Terrace last October in the Ballroom.  How many people do you plan on attending?  Personally I like the 4 mile location better if you are looking to have a ceremony.  My opinion is that it would be better for pictures because they have the golf course there.  They have reasonable prices and packages, and the food is good.  I know they have an event twice a year where they have tons of vendors and you can tour the rooms, and taste all the food. 
  • KMLaraKMLara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We checked out the 4 mile location as well. I liked the British Open Room but didn't really like the options for outdoor ceremonies. We are planning on roughly 100 guests in the Continental Room .

I just found out there is a 4,750 food and drink minimum which I am kinda bummed about.

That event is coming up in October. Very excited about that .
  • mgottschalkmgottschalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  Another thing that I've noticed with the rooms at English Hills is the fact that those rooms are very dark, as in not enough lighting.  I considered English Hills for my wedding and after a tour, decided on Meijer Gardens instead.  One of my bridesmaids went with me for the tour, who coincidentally is a wedding photographer and she was the one that brought that to my attention. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I agree the rooms are dark.  The British Open is the most open and brightest room.  If you have 100 people that wouldn't be a problem to use that room. I do know that if you are having your party off season they waive the minimum.  If you can afford Meijer Gardens for you ceremony, that by far is the most beautiful.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards