North Carolina

Huntersville/Charlotte wedding venue

I am having a wedding next summer for 100 guests.  We want to keep the budget around $5000.  Has anyone in this area been able to  pull this off? If so what venue and catering?

Also we are willing to wait until fall if that will help  with costs.

Re: Huntersville/Charlotte wedding venue

• hng0411hng0411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do a Friday or Sunday wedding & you can easily pull it off. We offer a $600 discount off our photo packages if people do. I know a lot of venues do the same! It's how a lot of our brides pull off an "expensive" wedding on a smaller budget.
  • kerriqueenkerriqueen member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there!

I'm actually planning a wedding for one of my clients (I'm a wedding planner) and her budget is $5,000 with 150 guests.

It is extremely difficult to plan. Off season is usually December-February, which will give you some discounts. Also making your wedding Monday-Thursday will help, too.

Remember that 15% of guests don't attend the wedding, so keep that in mind. Having a smaller guest list helps on costs. :)

Try to find a venue that includes catering in the cost of renting out the venue.

My bride is opting for more affordable food, like BBQ pork. She is also having her wedding at a family member's house to save money on a venue.

I hope that I helped a little!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bg75133bg75133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Megan,

I hope you are doing well and everything is so expensive!  However, I live up in the Boone/Blowing Rock area and they have some fabulous venus up here. A perfect destination wedding that will fit well within your budget.

A perfect time to come up and check out the venue would be the The Wedding Show of the NC Mountains. It is a girls get away weekend, I will be there with my mom.
    Check out their website www.weddingshowofthencmtns.com.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards