Maine

Cakes

How much are people spending pp on cakes?  I'm in the Portland area and am trying to figure out my options!

Re: Cakes

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine through Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott.  I found Jessica's prices to be the most reasonable and our tasting was delicious.  We are paying $365 for 3-tier square cake (buttercream) that will serve 140 with the bottom two tiers and the top tier will be saved for our anniversary.  The price includes some basic decorations on the cake and fresh fruit for one of the fillings.  She lets you choose different flavors for each tier for no extra cost.  She has her prices on her website and she prices it by the tier/size and not per-person. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is around $250 3 tier round that feeds 75
  • Becca403Becca403 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone have suggestions for bakeries in York County?  I don't want my cake to have to travel to far! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Heavenly Delights bakery in Augusta, and am paying $2.75 per person (for fondant).  She charges $1.75 per person for buttercream.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting our cake from Carol from A Beautiful Wedding and Cakes. We are getting four hexagonal tiers of lemon cake frosted in almond buttercream and a groom's cake for just under $500 for 150 people with sugar starfish and shells. It comes out to $2.50 per person and we get to keep the top tier for our first anniversary. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my cake from Jessica Parrott at Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott, as well. I think mine will be in the $450-550 range. It will be gluten free, however, so it's a bit of a special order. I don't think she's charging a whole lot extra for that. It will feed 200+ guests. 

We're likely doing 4 tiers, possibly 5; square cake with buttercream and a simple design. 

I highly recommend Jessica - she will travel too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011

We went with Wild Orchid. Not sure on the pricing. She was just written up in loveandlobster.com and is offering a discount on shower and Rd cakes.  Her work is amazing!!

• edited December 2011

I got samples mailed to be by Coastal Cakes in Saco (york county) and they were amazing!!! I think her prices start around $3.50 and it's well worth it! www.coastalcakes.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards